Monday, March 09, 2009

A weekend in Review.

Quick note for Friday. Lehna was GREAT. She did well enough that the director came over and said what awesome day she had. So that’s great news… So she got her toy on Friday instead of Saturday.

This weekend was REALLY GREAT! I had the best weekend I can’t even begin to describe how awesome it was. Tait came home on Friday night and I was so tired the poor guy barley got a “hello” it was a really rough week this week with Lehna being bad and just emotionally tough for me. I was being haunted by old ghosts this past week. So on Saturday Tait and I took the girls to Marcus and Jackie and they played their little hearts out there. I hear that they were REALLY good… which I’m glad b/c my children have MULITIPLE personalities so I’m glad that the ‘good one’s’ were out.

So with the girls being watch Tait and I went to a movie. Tait REALLY wanted to see the movie “The Watchmen” Wow let me tell you it was something… DEFINTELY NOT a girl movie. It was full of gore and sex… well to be honest there wasn’t “that” much sex… but what was there… was ENOUGH. The gore was seriously horrible… I mean they cut people’s arms off and that kind of junk. Yeah not exactly my cup of tea… LOL Tait kept telling me that he was glad that I came and that he was sorry that it wasn’t something I enjoyed… I really know he wanted to see it but I think I get TWO girl movies out of this one… wow. It was just really graphic which I realize that it followed a comic book and comic books are notorious for being graphic b/c they are books… and well… this followed to that script. I mean the story was long too. It took 1 ½ hours just to set the dumb movie up… LOL OH well at least I get two chick flicks out of it. Of course I haven’t seen a good chick flick that I WANTED to see since… hum… oh I don’t know… it’s a be a REALLY long time.

After the movie we went for a lunch at Logan’s. It was really nice date. We picked up the kids both were dressed in different clothes… they had ice cream and played REALLY hard at the park. It was really nice being able to have a date with Tait, I didn’t get one last week so it was a nice catch up date.

On Sunday we went to church and the girls were difficult, not super horrible but Maya is REALLY struggling holding still for the entire length of sacrament… it was the same with Lehna at this age so we will grind through it… She really wants to crawl underneath the benches… you know. That’s what she wants to do… it’s so annoying… b/c you kind of grab her and then you have to pull her back and then she cries… (sigh) Kids.

After dinner Tait took Lehna to the arcade at the bowling alley to have some alone time with her. I think this helped Lehna quite a bit. She told Tait that she had a really fun time. Lehna and Tait played at the arcade for about an hour and then Lehna told Tait that there were too many mean kids there and asked to go for a walk. So Tait and Lehna went for a walk.

At the same time, I was at the dollar store with Maya getting rewards for the treasure chest. I bought all kinds of kid make up, lip gloss, hair toys, Easter eggs with candy, bubbles, crayons, Hannah Montana toys, Princess toys, etc. I mean I got a TON of things for Lehna to “reward” her when she has good behavior. I told her on Saturday that it was full of toys… (but I didn’t get anything until Sunday) then on Sunday I told her it was filled with toys… which it is… but she begged for me to let her look in and I told her no… I am trying to keep the anticipation up… of course after this week she will know what’s in there… but I figured this would maybe help this week. But since we are going to WI on Friday I told her that we will let her get her reward on Thursday. She is going to be at daycare for ½ a day on Friday so I figured it was okay… You know always giving her the benefit of the doubt.

So then after that we meet them at culvers and we had Ice cream together as a family. It was another nice day… nice family time. Maya totally RUINED her pants and shirt however… I have never seen a kid get so messy it was HORRIBLE. I took her pants and shirt off and took her out in jacket and diaper… I couldn’t believe it… it was so nice outside it wasn’t that big of a deal. When we came back home… we tired to do a nice family nap… yeah that wasn’t very successful. Lehna was WIDE awake so we told her she didn’t have to lie down but we put her in the play room and she had to stay in there. Maya was “kind of tired” and I put her in her crib and she cried a little… and I fell asleep for about 15 minutes and then she was calling for us… and it was b/c the power had gone out… so, so much for family nap time. We took the girls in the front room and we played out there for a little bit. I called the Sheriff so they could get someone out to put our power back on… Tait was like “don’t call the sheriff call the town marshal” but I know from experience that the sheriff is the way to go… b/c they call the power company directly… and with in 45 minutes we had power.

It was really a nice weekend. We are going north for the weekend and hope that we don’t run into traffic on Friday. That would not be very fun… but we’ll have to see what happens. Tait said on the north side of Chicago they are doing some major construction where it’s going down to two lanes… so HOPEFULLY I will be going at time that that won’t matter… but we’ll see. I’m just glad that Tait won’t have to make the journey south… it will be a nice break for him. I am planning on meeting with the Racine Office on Friday afternoon then on Saturday there is ANOTHER test that I have to take for a position so… I’ll be doing that Saturday morning… yeah fun! I hope that it is better then the test I took for the general clerical test but I have a feeling it’s going to be harder  that will suck… but maybe just maybe it won’t be too bad…

Well that’s what going on around here… I hope that Lehna has a good week. I think the one on one time with Tait REALLY helped her… this morning she was GREAT… and My mom sent some special things for her to work on at daycare so hopefully those will be successful and we will be able to keep a trend of good behavior up for you know three, fours. I know that soon I’ll be up in WI… I can feel it… I hope it happens sooner rather than later… but I have faith that it will happen.

No comments: