Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Stress a little here Stress a little there

Update

It’s time for the weekend wrap up and its Tuesday already! I hope the week continues to go fast.

Well the weekend was pretty nice actually. Tait and I went on our date on Saturday and the girls had a new babysitter. I recruited one of the young ladies from church and she came over and watched the girlies. She was great! Lehna wouldn’t stop talking about her. Lehna said they played picnic outside, they played beauty shop, hide and seek, and also horsy… LOL it was really good. I was so glad that Lehna was “okay” with her. I think it totally helped that she went with Tait to pick up her up b/c they could talk in the car. So then at church on Sunday she kept waving and her it was SOOO very cute! So we will have to invite her back b/c Lehna really enjoyed her. I think Maya did too but Maya didn’t really say much about her… LOL

Our date consisted of going to Monster Mini Golf which was a pretty “hooky” place but the black light made it a different challenge. Tait and bet on how many strokes we could get ball in the holes. We kind of played it like Name that tune so I would ‘wager’ that I could get the ball in 3 strokes and Tait could either go lower OR he would want me to prove it too him. Then if I did it… then I got points… If I didn’t but Tait was able to get it in 3 or less then he got a point. It added another “level” of challenge to it. We also had another “game” in which we weren’t allowed to say each others names instead we had to say terms of endearment. Which I personally thought it was unfair b/c I say Tait’s name WAY more then Tait says my name… and sure enough I lost. It was just another thing that we did just trying to enjoy each other more. We are both just so competitive so it was fun.

Then on Sunday we headed out to church and church was ROUGH for Maya mercy we had to take her out like 3 times it was HORRIBLE! She just would cry and loudly yell (not really crying but that annoying can’t hear anything around us sound) Lehna has figured out how to get out of church by telling us that she has to go potty and personally… as long as she’s quiet she can go there 50 times… Well she decided that today was the day she needed US to go with her… so she would whine AND on top of Maya not wanting to sit still it was rough. I think that the week prior to when we let the girls “run around” set a new percent for the girls… which was bad bad bad that we allowed it to happen but live and learn I guess. So next Sunday we are going to be in WI so we’ll have another new ward to drive them crazy.

Well time for update on the job front. Well the news is not quite what I wanted but not horrible either. I talked to the company that I was expecting an offer from. And she called me personally and told me that b/c the office is so low with hours right now they are actually doing shorter work weeks and claiming unemployment for days during the week since their hours are low and they can NOT bring on another person on their staff until after they have gotten past this low time. Which you know could be soon. They said that their hours are better this week then last week and better from two weeks ago but they aren’t where they really should be but the want ME! She said we totally want you and wanted me to know that. So I talked to her a little bit more about maybe doing some temp assignments for them while I’m “waiting” for a position with them to open. So that’s what the plan is. She said that they may even be able to put me in a perm position and if that happens she isn’t going to “hold” me for the spot there either which I think is nice. I am going to be up there at the end of April. Tait and I talked and seriously this living apart stuff is HORRIBLE. It’s one of the worst things that I have ever had to do it’s just so difficult it makes me so unhappy.

The other good news is well it’s “okay” news is the OTHER staffing company I talked to that is opening the office in Pleasant Prairie is still in the works and it’s in Legal now awaiting final approval. Apparently the home office which is located in Louisville, KY is expanding their warehouse for the new business from the contract they have in Pleasant Prairie and is going to need a new office manager/staffing supervisor for that satiate office. When I talked to him on Friday he said that the company is NOTORIOUS for delaying and then needing things to happen IMMEDIATELY. So he said that it could happen next week that they need the office ready. But he said that still very interested in me for the office and would continue to update me on the progress. So I informed him of when I was going to be up there so he knew and who knows maybe it will be before when I’m planning.

So the plans are that my employment will end here at the end of April I have a week of packing and moving and then I’ll be ready to go to work. I hope that I will find something before that time and I’ll keep my schedule as open as possible to get interviews and such and I HOPE that I won’t have to be a stay at home mom for long, but I am planning on enjoying it for as long as possible.

So that’s the news… I feel so much lighter now that the decisions have been made and that the plans are starting to take into affect. I need boxes bad so if anyone has any let me know OR if you can tell me where to get some… let me know and I’ll be on it.

That’s life in a small town though. I hope that things start picking up on the economy as a whole and we are able to move forward.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hey Steph,
Just catchin' up. Sounds like things are falling into place for you. I don't blame you for hating living apart...it's definitely no fun! Hope you're together again soon. Good luck with the job search and I hope the economy picks up too!