Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Update

Well I am going to try to update this thing MUCH more often b/c Tait is reading this for his update since he’s living in WI right now. So here we go… Well this past weekend we went to Landyn’s Bday party the boy is now 5 years old! Can you believe it? It doesn’t seem like he should be 5 already BUT he is. We had a birthday party at Chuckie Cheese now in my previous blog I commented that Lehna cried when we told her we were going to Chuckie Cheese b/c Lehna doesn’t like the mouse… Well we went off to Chuckie Cheese and everything was okay for about 10 seconds THEN Lehna SAW THE MOUSE! Lehna cried and cried abut seeing Chuckie… she clung to me and wouldn’t let go b/c she was so afraid. She kept asking to go home b/c she was so afraid of him. It was great fun for all those around us. So Maya and Tait went around playing the different games. Maya has the heart of a lion seriously NOTHING scares this kid. So she kept playing and having a good time. Well Lehna would just sit in the corner and just look around with big OWL eyes waiting for him to appear. After awhile she kind of relaxed and when the pizza got there she ate and just sat.

Tait was getting tired with Maya b/c she kept running and climbing and such. Maya LOVED being able to see Deklyn they would hug one another and say to one another “come on, or let go” it was really cute. They kept going back to the Dance Dance Revolution thing and just jumping on the floor, I only put a token in it once so they could dance, but they were more interested in just jumping and climbing on it.

So after awhile I went back to the table to see if we could get Lehna up and playing. I told her we would go to the very corner and as we walked she was basically clinging to my side for fear that we would see the mouse. We went back and played a couple of games and slowly she started to relax and had a good time, but the time it was time to go she was standing off playing and didn’t need to hold anyone hand, so she had a good time, at the end. Both girls were ready to go by the time we got in the car Maya was totally asleep before we even let the parking lot and Lehna followed shortly after. So at least they were worn out.

So I thought that since Lehna had fun at the end of the day she would want to go again. Well in the middle of the night Lehna woke up crying and I asked her what the problem was and she goes “I just want to go home, I don’t want to be around that mouse” So she had a night mare and she will tell you quite clearly that she doesn’t EVER want to go back to Chuckie Cheese again. So I guess her 4th Birthday won’t be held there.

So after chuckie Cheese on Sunday we went to church then took the girls to Tait’s grandmother and Helen, Tanna, and Tara watched them over night for us so we could go to WI b/c of the job interview on Monday. Well my job interview was at 2:30 so I thought that I could spend the morning looking for jobs and just kind of relaxing and getting psyched up. Well at 7:40 they called and asked if they could interview me earlier… they basically said you either come at 10:30 or we reschedule… well I was taking time off of work to come all the way to interview so I told them that I would be there at 10:30. Now the interview was in Madison, WI which was 2 hours away from where I was staying. So that was the FASTEST shower I have EVER taken. I just kept telling myself “I Hope I don’t get lost, b/c I have no margin of error” So I got the place with 30 minutes to spare so that was good and waited for the interview. The interview went okay. I would say that it probably wasn’t my best work but you know it’s hard to build a rapport with someone when she keeps saying “do you have any questions?” I barely got to talk about my professional placements she didn’t really seem interested in that. She was more interested in my past job experiences like working with Kroger and such instead of my more recent doing the job they are interviewing for experience. So that was disappointing. She kind of explained what they expect from their staffing supervisors and quite frankly I don’t think I want the job. I mean they are required to do outside sales and cold calls and etc and seriously I HATE that kind of stuff. I don’t mind Inside Sales but outside… NO THANK YOU… So I think that was a bust, darn it. So we’ll see what happens. I have another interview with another staffing company on Thursday that is over the phone. So we’ll see what happens with that. I just sucks that this is going to be the fourth interview and I have YET to get an offer… what the heck is going on? I still have a second interview set with the Racine Express in March but we’ll see what happens before that. I hope that I get something else before that time. (sigh)

I have to tell you it’s really hard to stay positive with all of this and really hard to not beat myself up with my thoughts. I guess that the right job just isn’t in the mix for me yet. But man it’s really hard to stay upbeat. I have told Tait a number of times that I do really not like myself right now. Which is kind of sad but seriously it’s hard. It’s just so hard not to feel so down about it.

The girls seem to be adjusting with the new arrangement, I mean it’s only day 2 and so far… they seem to be okay. Lehna was really happy when I picked her up from daycare and said “mommy I learned a lot today” then I asked her follow up question like “what did you learn” and her response “I don’t know” LOL she’s so cute. I also learned that the new daycare doesn’t provide lunch for the kids. SURPRISE! I am like ‘seriously why are we paying you this among of money if you are only providing snack and breakfast?’ I told Tait that so far I’m not impressed. I told him that we’ll have to see what happens the rest of the week but on the first day Lehna had a green shirt on when I dropped her off. When I picked her up she was in a white shirt and her back up clothes were missing. I asked three different people where her clothes were and no one seemed to know. So they told me that they would look for it and ask around. Well they found it it was by the kitchen door… I mean was someone going to take it home with them? I don’t know so not very impressed so far. Hopefully this will be a passing fluke and by the end of the week I will feel good and not so “shaky” about all of this. I am going to call the two women that expressed interested in doing some home daycare for awhile for me. I seriously am contemplating doing a home daycare… even though that is kind of scary but they are women from the Lafayette wards so we’ll see what happens. Maybe they will provide lunch for the kids… geeze!!!

So last night the girls were really good I put Maya to bed by 8:00 and Lehna was in bed by 8:15 I think that they need to go to bed earlier b/c they are getting up sooooo early. So hopefully the earlier bedtimes will mean happier morning times. Lehna asks everyday if she is going to see Daddy today and I keep telling her 3 more days or 2 more days. So I’m thinking about doing a number chart or something for her where she can move the thing over ever day… maybe that will help…

But that is life right now. Just getting adjusted. So keep me in your prayers hopefully it will all work itself out. I hope!!!

No comments: