Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just a Quick one...

So this is a short one today but I thought that I would update.

Well yesterday we went to see Helen in the hospital to bring her a funny card and so the girls could see her. Lehna was very excited to see her Nana but when she got there she of course got REALLY shy and barley talked to her. I think the hospital room kind of makes her nervous. While we were there Maya was being VERY two and seemed to just want to spill juice all over the floor and run up and down the halls… it was lots of fun. Helen is doing better. They said that she had a slight fever but overall she looked okay. She said it really hurts to walk but that’s understandable b/c they sliced her knees up, but they said that overtime that will start to go away and it will feel better. She is going to stay with Alta for awhile in Williamsport so she can go to therapy so she can get 100% again. You could tell that she was really really sore.

After that we went to Dover, so it was a long evening in the car. By the time we got home it was already 7:15 and Maya was rubbing her eyes (her tell all sign that she’s ready to sleep) and I got her changed and she wanted a bottle gave her that (yes I know she’s almost two and is STILL taking a bottle) and held her for a few minutes and she was turning all over me with her eyes closed and I go “Maya I’m going to go put you in your bed so you can stretch out” and she goes “uht ua” (which means no) but I put her in her bed and she was asleep before I left the room.

Lehna was a little different when I told her it was time to get ready for bed she of course goes “but I want to play” I felt really bad b/c their playtime was DRASITCALLY reduced b/c they were in the car and the hospital all evening. But I told her that I wouldl et her play until I got Molly put to bed well after I got Molly put to bed Lehna went right into her room and I go “are you going to bed?” and she goes “yea you said after you get Molly put to bed” No fight no fuss just right to bed.

So it was a pretty fast evening at home. I feel really bad b/c they didn’t get much time out of the car yesterday but I know that tonight they will have Trent to entertain them a little tonight so that will be nice for them. Let me see what else I think that’s it… it was so quiet last night I don’t have a lot to report on.

Oh one thing I thought was HILARIOUS! On Tuesday night Lehna came into my room carrying her cup of milk into the bedroom and laid down in my bed and she tried to take a drink of her milk out of her sippy cup and she promptly hands it too me and goes “mommy I can’t get a drink of my milk” and in my head I was thinking oh man I’m going to have to get up clean out the lid and it’s 3 in the morning and seriously I’m NOT doing it… so I go “Lehna I’m so sorry that you can’t get the milk out but there is Nothing I can do to make it come out, you will just have to wait until the morning” LOL And then a few minutes pass and I’m falling back asleep and Lehna wakes up again and goes “mommy I have a great idea… what if you take off the lid then I can drink for the cup” LOL… why I didn’t think of that before I don’t know… and I was like YES LEHNA that IS a GREAT idea… and handed her the cup w/out the lid and she promptly took a drink and went back to sleep. LOL it was really hilarious. Seriously. This kid cracks me up… I just like how she came up with the idea and tried to NOT make me feel like an idiot… but made her feel REALLY smart… she is so smart.

No comments: