Monday, September 26, 2005

Welcome back to another work week.


Well another weekend has pasted us by. I have to say WELCOME BACK KRIS AND CHRISTINA! I know they just returned from a weeks worth of vacation in Pennsylvania. The worst part about vacation is probably the third day back…Why? Well the first day you are getting caught up on all the things that have happened such as the latest gossip, who’s sleeping with who, who got drunk and said what, and all that jazz… then the second day is getting caught up on all the work that has been missed… then the third day… you finally unwind you’re almost caught up and you notice HEY IT’S ONLY WEDNESDAY! Yep that’s right still two more horrible days to go! It’s horrible… hate it! But if I didn’t work I’d probably hate that too… I know there’s just no pleasing me!

Well this weekend we were pretty quiet around our house. We cleaned up the house for some ol’ fashion football watching on Saturday. We watched Purdue get beat by Minnesota… they were the underdog and well they fought back in the last quarter… even managed to get to Over Time… but managed to lose it in Over time. Needless to say it was pretty gloomy around our house Saturday. But we did have some good food. We had hotdogs and hamburgers on the grill. I was making the hamburgers into patties and I have discovered that when doing this by hand you need to double or even triple what you think would be a “good” size hamburger b/c my hamburgers were very small and you needed two of them to fit one bun. DON’T YOU HATE THAT! I am definitely NOT an Iron Chef! So everyone ate them and that’s all that mattered. In fact I even brought them for lunch today! YUMMMMMMY! Can’t wait until lunch… of course it’s only 10 LOL I have awhile until lunch!

Lehna got LOTS of floor time this weekend. We put her on the floor to see if we could “teach” her how to crawl and she did get up on all fours once (by herself) and rocked once… then did the superman to her tummy. That was all the “crawling” we saw. She did however manage to roll all over.

On Sunday we went to Emily and Aaron’s to watch the COLT’S football game. We had a good time there overall… it was nice to see one of our teams win. Lehna got to see her best friends Madison and Tyler. Lehna played on the floor which Tait and I watched the game. She still didn’t crawl. She did however get VERY fussy towards the end. But I have discovered a little bump on her bottom gums… I think she’s getting a tooth! So I gave her Oral Gel and Tylenol and let me tell you that child was SOOOO much happier after that! So after the game I dropped Tait off so he could get his Scooby Doo hair style trimmed back to “normal” it was pretty long and I went shopping at Wal-mart for scrape booking supplies. I knew I was out of 10x10 pages so I picked up a pack of 100 sheets and some other fun stamps and then I headed over to get some picture frames for Lehna’s pictures THEN I went to the baby isles to get some learning toys of Lehna. I was VERY disappointed by the selection… then it dawned on me that the baby toys I was looking for were actually in the toy department. So I was off there. After getting LOTS of development toys and “bigger” toys for Lehna it was time to check out. I may have gone a little crazy… but what I can do I’m excited she wants to play with toys!

So after I picked Tait up we went back home and I got all of Lehna’s new toys out for her to play with. It was so fun watching her manipulate the blocks and rings I had a good time just watching her. She decided the container for the blocks was LOTS more fun playing with then the actual blocks but that happens. And of course I DIDN’T take pictures… b/c I suck! I was telling Tait that I probably should have held some of the toys back for Christmas… but heck who cares she’s only little once!

So after awhile I had an itching to do some scrape booking and I passed Lehna to Tait and I did some much needed scrap book time. I managed to get 4 pages completed and I have enough stuff to do another page. So I’m excited about that. I found some EXCELLENT pictures that I want to scan in so I have them forever on disk but I want to be able to put them in the scrap book… and since my printer sucks I have to take whatever pictures I can take! I am going to work on it off and on but I need to get a few more ideas of what to put on them, but I’m sure something will come along! I need to get my printer working again and print off pictures onto paper… I think I like it much better working with paper then photo paper, and the results are about the same, but that sounds like a lot more effort… and again I SUCK and I’m FREAKING lazy!

But after about 1 hour of scrape booking Lehna decided that she wanted me… she was crying and just reaching towards me and Tait kept saying “I think she wants you” so I couldn’t say no to a crying baby… the poor girl her mouth hurts. So I played with her for about 45 mins and then I started the bedtime routine. I have to say that Lehna is now falling asleep in her bed by herself at night. I’m so excited of course we just started this routine and with her teething the success maybe short lived… but you know it was nice THIS week!

Lehna’s cough is also much better now the liquid steroid really helped tremendously we have one more treatment of it tonight and then she’ll be done, but if she gets the cough again the doctor said to call him and he’ll prescribe something for her! YEAH! So I’m happy about that!

Well that’s about it as far as my weekend update. Tait and I are going on a Mini Date tonight so I’m very excited. Tanna has agreed to baby sit Lehna while we go out to eat. I’m excited! I was talking to Chris about finding a “local” babysitter and she suggested another one of our friend’s daughters and she’s conveniently placed in our city!!! Soooo I think that the next movie I want to see I will be calling her! YEAH! Alright well I think that’s all I have for now… Oh Marcus talked to Daniel this weekend he’s doing really well and he’s having a great time! So I’m glad to hear that! Okay well that’s all I got!

No comments: