Friday, September 23, 2005

News from my friends from CHICAGO

I have a dear friend that I made about 3-4 years ago when I first started going to Purdue University. Most of you know that my I hated my first semester at Purdue because I thought everyone was rude and incredibly stuck up and I was longing for the closeness of USI from which I came. Well as the first few weeks rolled by I started talking to Jennifer in my Black and White photography class at Purdue and we started talking and quickly became fast friends. Well Jen and I had many things in common she was a Communications Major and Photography Minor and I was a double Major in Communications and Photography. And we had this VERY obnoxious girl in our Photography class who I dubbed "gorilla woman" (she was incredibly hairy) and we both didn't like her b/c she was freaking annoying. (There were other things in common as well) Well Jen and I kept having classes together and it was great because Jen and I would study for tests together and do projects with one another and it was really just wonderful being able to become friends with her. So even though I graduated and so has Jen, Jen and I have still kept in contact with one another. Emailing, calling, and visiting when we can just to keep in touch. Well just recently (very recently) her boyfriend, who I meet when we were at Purdue, proposed to Jen and Jen very HAPPILY accepted. I asked her to tell me the story and quite simply I don't think that anyone could tell her quite as well as she can... so I'm going to copy it out of the email she sent me...

We went to a White Sox game last night with a bunch of my friends and their significant others. We were sitting, watching the game and he kept bugging me to go get ice cream or cotton candy with him. Finally I went and I bought him cotton candy. As we were walking back to our seats he said "Reach in my pocket and pull out some change for the cotton candy". I pulled out a black cloth and thought "you keep your change in this? Here you go". He wanted me to open it, but figured he would just open it. This whole time he was asking me "how much do you love me?" It's a game we play and I usually answer something like 1 million swedish fish, but for some reason I answered forever. Then he asked "even when I'm old and fat?" and I of course said yes. Then he asked "are you sure forever?" as he was getting down on his knees opening the black cloth to reveal the ring. I was just SOOOO shocked!!! I was not expecting it at all. Just earlier that day I was talking to my friend Sarah saying I don't know when it's going to happen, I would just like to have some kind of idea. How funny, huh? Just when I least expect it. He asked me at the Sox game because a lot of my friends were there and he thought I would have liked them to be there. So after we had our moment, we went back to our seats and everyone started freaking out when I showed them my hand. It was really great.


So both Tait and I are incredibly excited for her and we both wish Nick and Jen the best. So now I can finally stop asking "are you engaged yet?" I know Jen is thrilled about that! Well here are some pictures of them and the ring. Take care, you too crazy love birds! I can't wait to see you in OCTOBER!

Congratulations Nick and Jen!


A Picture of the beautiful ring!
Jen is going to have the band of the ring turned antique.

No comments: