Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Hail! Hail! To Old Purdue all hail to the old gold and black….

IT’S THAT TIME AGAIN SPORTS FANS!

Boy it was all a bustle at my house this weekend! Purdue football on Saturday complete with Tailgating then on Sunday Colt’s football! And surprisingly enough both of my teams won YEAH! Although I have to admit I didn’t stay awake for the conclusion of the Colt’s game I briefly remember waking up and getting the score from Tait but I didn’t even know what he said…

Let’s Go BOILERS!

So on Saturday we headed to West Lafayette for some good old fashion tailgating and football watching. It was GREAT we had breakfast with eggs, pancakes, bacon and sausage! Then after the game we had burgers and chicken! It was a GREAT day for me!!!!!! I love to eat… can you tell? So I have to tell you I had about 2 beers and a bottle of Boone’s well I finished off the Boone’s in like 30 mins… and I was a little dizzy but that was about it… I really didn’t want to get to drunk since the baby was with us. But here are some pictures of the Tailgating party!





I love my aunt Jackie, and my fingers!

So on Sunday we did some MUCH needed cleaning. I was doing really well most of the morning with cleaning I was organizing book shelves and everything else and had just starting getting the kitchen clean and then Kris and Christina called and said they were on their way to bring the washer! YEAH A NEW WASHER! But my house was only HALF DONE! So at that point I pushed into to HIGH gear and quickly finished the rest of the house… of course Tait helped. We put the baby in the hallway so she could see us both and I cleaned the bathroom and Tait swept… it worked pretty well for the most part. Soooo we put in the WONDERFUL washer and it runs and doesn’t leak water all over my floor… THANK YOU CHRISTINA AND KRIS! It’s great having a washer again! It’s even better when I don’t have to pay anything. So we put our piece of crap in the garage, maybe one day we’ll get it fixed who knows… it’s just a piece of crap… I think I’m going to write the company b/c it’s so ridiculous! But I’ll save my rants for the letter.

Sunday evening we went to Chris and Rob’s house to watch the football game. I made some white chocolate macadamia nut cookies it was the kind that you just scoop our and bake… of course I didn’t “hand” make it… right! They were a big hit we left at the half time since Lehna had fallen asleep and I was really tired from all that cleaning in the morning! It was nice seeing the Roy’s family, they actually had some other friends there and it was nice being able to meet some other people that had kids so we could talk. Carrie and Neal have a 2 year old daughter named Ryan and she is SUCH a cutie pie! She was playing with Tyler (Rob and Chris’ 4 year old), and at one point they were in Tyler’s room with the door shut, and a blanket over them and they were asking to have the light shut off. LOL you should have seen Neal’s face… too funnnnny! After that they were told to go to the front room. Purely innocent but it was funny. But Neal and Carrie are going to be having a baby boy on today they are having a scheduled C-Section. Both of them are REALLY nice so it was fun, so I’m sure we’ll see them again. I told Tait it’s like we are living off of other people’s friends… but what else can when we do when we really don't have the opportunity to meet new friends. After all this isn’t college anymore where new people are around all the time. I know we are sad  Madison (Chris and Rob’s new baby) is doing GREAT by the way. Her scar is pretty non existent and she is now a whooping 8 lbs! ALMOST half the size of Lehna. She’s a whooping 18 lbs!

Lehna Behna is doing great by the way. We are starting to give her, her medication on a more “regular” basis (reflux medicine) I always forget. She has been spitting up a bit but she also has the cough that’s been going around so it’s not too much of a concern right now.

Penny who watches Lehna at daycare told me about another baby’s mommy in Lehna’s class named Madyson that she’s worried about her daughter because Lehna seems to be so far ahead of Madyson. Penny told her that Lehna started picking up on things because of Luke and it won’t be long before Madyson will be doing the same things Lehna is, Penny told me she was very concerned but she kept trying to tell her that she was really fine and that Madyson was developing on a fine schedule. But she told Penny that she wanted Lehna and Madyson paired up all the time so Madyson can watch Lehna and learn from her. It’s kind of nice to know that Lehna is such a leader, but I’m sure it’s b/c she’s just imitating Luke. Lehna and Luke are best buddies. Lehna is always watching Luke no matter where he is… especially at lunch and breakfast time and Lehna is always trying to do everything Luke does.

The other day Penny was telling me that Lehna was in the exosauser and Luke crawled over to it and was pulling himself up and just as Luke was standing up, Lehna would jump in the exosauser and it would then knock Luke over. Penny said Luke would give Lehna a really mad face and then Lehna would sit still and Luke would try again and Lehna would wait again until he was almost standing then knock him down again. Penny said Lehna would just laugh and smile at him. She’s such a rat. It's funny that she’s a bully in one situation then a leader in another silly girl!

Here are some pictures of the football game. I LOVE Purdue Football!!!!!!!
This is a section of seats 30 mins before the game

This is the same section of seats 30 mins before the game was over

Final Score

GO PURDUE!

Even Lehna was in the game spirit!
Thanks for reading about us!

2 comments:

Karla said...

Some people say that they respect stay-at-home moms. Yes, it is a hard job, but I have SO much respect for moms who work! I read your last entry and realized how hard it would be to keep a household running when you are at work all day! I mean, my house is a wreck a lot, but at least I can clean while Nathan naps or while he is vegging out on the couch. Your little girl has gotten so big! Where did that tiny baby go? By the way, can we borrow Jackie as an Aunt? She is so AWESOME! :)
-Karla (Jackie's friend and Nathan's mommy)

Stephanie said...

Karla,
The house kind of got out of control this time usually we keep up on it but we hadn't really done a super clean in a couple of weeks, sad to say. I know when I was home with Lehna for the first 6 weeks of her life that being a stay at home mom requires a lot more patience in areas that I need improvement in before I could take on that huge responsiblity. Jackie is WONDERFUL she's always so willing to watch Lehna and give us a break it's sooooo great! Sure you can borrow her but it can only be temporary! The people at daycare have a bet going on when they think Lehna will be crawling. Penny who's with her all the time said she will probably be crawling by the end of September. YIKES! Mobility I don't know if I'm quite ready for that yet!!!! Thanks for reading about us Karla!