Monday, September 19, 2005

A trip around the world and we returned unharmed…

Okay so maybe it wasn’t around the world but we were around Central Indiana again this weekend! On Saturday Lehna and I headed to Indianapolis for a last minute plan to visit the Indianapolis Zoo with Aunt Jackie. We first went out to eat and that was yummy and then we headed to Once Upon a Child for some Baby Jeans… and let me tell you I found 5 CUTE pairs… all under $4 wow can’t beat that! And I also found some matching tee shirts to go with them… Man I LOVE that store! We also found a VERY cute white dress for our family pictures coming up in November I’m VERY excited about it!!!! I now have two dresses for the two sessions I’m going to be doing… again scamming Wal-mart but oh well. So I can’t wait! So we headed to the zoo about 1 ish… The zoo was packed on top of it being a nice 78 degree day it was BEAUTIFUL outside!! The zoo had lots of people but Jackie and I stayed away from all the buildings exhibits and that DEFINTELY helped the crowded factor of the journey.

We went to see the Walruses and I have to tell you I was about to TROTTLE the little teeny bobber volunteer. The baby walrus was right next to the glass kissing the glass and play “around” Well she was tapping on the glass getting the walrus to come over and kiss the glass and blow bubbles, well she was basically just standing in front of the glass section just standing their asking repeatedly if anyone had any questions which of course no one did they wanted to SEE the walrus but couldn’t b/c she was in the way… Well I started tapping on the glass and the walrus started to come towards our direction and did for about 30 seconds before the “volunteer” started tapping on the glass and pulled its attention away from our section… I mean there were TONS of freaking people that were trying to see the walrus but couldn’t b/c of her… The other adult volunteer stood up on the stands over everyone but at least she was OUT OF THE WAY!!! So Jackie and I left after that I was not impressed by the teeny bobber volunteer!

We decided to get tickets for the train so Lehna could see all the animals. Well our wait wasn’t too bad it was nice to have Lehna outside. So we got on the train and I have to tell you the train was HILARIOUS! First of all there is this commentary between Jean the Giraffe and Elly the Elephant that was cheesy but hey kids love it. But the train “ride” was well VERY funny. You go by the giraffes and zebras which was fun and they make this announcement, this is basically a summary of the announcement, “Our train ride used to go down to many different exhibits of the zoo but it doesn’t anymore but it now goes to the “restricted area” of the zoo” LOL Well the train wound through to were you could see the “zoo fueling station,” literally a gas pump, the “Transportation dock for new animals,” a big fenced in area that you couldn’t see into, “the recycling area” BIG dumpsters, and the “veterinary center” this was the crazy part they had these BIG pictures of animals that were like mid surgery but they had like the breathing tubes in the mouths to assist them to breath… kind of interesting but not appropriate for a little kid ride… It also had LOTS of buildings that you could only see behind them. But apparently LOTS of children love this ride which I understand but it’s a little cheesy for $2 a person… But the ride cracked me up. I’m sure we will take Lehna on it again once she gets bigger it was just funny. We also have extra tickets for the caracole for next visit. But it was funny and we did enjoy ourselves. Here are some pictures of the trip around the zoo.

This is an elephant I know he has a name but I don’t remember nor do I remember if this was male of female… I forgot… I suck

These baboons were HILAROUS we watched them for quite a long time. The baby was so cute.

And what would a trip to the zoo be without a picture of the giraffes.

Lehna and her favorite “toy” Aunt Jackie

Lehna and her mommy

On Sunday we headed to Williamsport to visit The Wagner’s. We arrived pretty early because he had plans for the Colt’s game. Tonya, Anthony, Jake, and Tylee (I know that’s not spelled right), came down to visit with us and see Lehna. Jake was sooo cute. He kept coming over to Lehna and giving her big kisses and hugs the whole time we were there and kept asking Tonya if he could hold her. Tonya finally gave in and let Jake hold Lehna and Lehna just grabbed his cheeks and lips and Jake just laughed it was VERY cute. At one point Tait asked Jake (pointing to Lehna) what her name was and Jake said “this is My Lehna” it was so funny. But Anthony was putting Lehna’s bottle on the table and Jake went over to him and said “No daddy you can’t have that that’s My Lehna’s bottle not yours” it was very sweet. Tylee is getting so big she is the same age as Landyn (actual born on the same day and everything) but she was too funny. She kept walking over to the baby and would just smile then walk over to me and smile, it was pretty sweet. She was VERY friendly she didn’t care who picked her up or anything she was just a very social child. Below are some pictures of Grandma and Grandpa both holding Lehna.

Grandma Wagner holding Lehna

Grandpa Wagner holding Lehna
(Grandpa didn’t want to hold her b/c of his arm but Grandma insisted, which he of course did fine)
Jake, Tonya, and Lehna

After our short visit we went to watch the Colt’s win against Jacksonville, Sorry Sarah. It was a rough game for the Colt’s though I wasn’t sure they were going to pull it off. Oh and Tait and I have started a little game in which we try and guess who’s going to win the games… well after the first week Tait won both sections of the Pro team and Big 10. I did pretty well choosing but my double shocks KILLLLLLED me! Darn it! Stupid Norte Dame and Stupid Raiders! If one of them would have pulled through I would have WON ONE of the serious!! Oh well… well hopefully I’ll do better next week.

I’m hoping to put Lehna’s pictures up for her photo shoot VERY soon. I hope to have them up by tomorrow. Okay well that’s all I have for now…

No comments: