Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Weekend Round Up and Weekly Plan! (Look out she’s got a plan)

So this weekend we really did quite a bit round the ol’ homestead and out of the house as well. Tait and I were having a disagreement about what to do this weekend b/c there were some events that both Tait and I wanted to attend and we both had a lot of work to do around the house with us leaving this weekend and all. Soooo I tried something new that someone very wise suggested that I try to see if Tait and my communication could improve. So I tried out her suggestion and there was peace and harmony. So thank you for the advice because it seemed to work. So far at least.

So this weekend I had three main tasks that I wanted completed. The garage needed to be sorted and organized, our closets needed to be packed away also all the pictures in our room and front room needed taken down, and the third thing is the swing set needed taken apart. So I told Tait that if we could get two of the tasks completed on Saturday we could save the third task to Sunday. So on Saturday morning our children woke us up VERY early and we were out working on the house before 7 am. We finished the garage in about 2 hours. We have more stuff to go to the curb still but we had so MUCH the first round that we have to notify the trash people first so they will take all of the trash for next week. But what we took was literally GONE in like an hour after we put it out there… it was the CRAZIEST thing I have ever seen. Then we went into the house and finished packing our closets. We decided to wait until Sunday to take down the swing set. So by 10:30 we were pretty much done with the two tasks. So we went ahead and went to the two events that we both wanted to attend.

The first event was Tait wanted to go to the Purdue Spring game. Which is literally a game in which Purdue plays itself, it is kind of boring to watch to be honest with you b/c most of the players you never see during the regular season (it’s kind of like preseason football) So Tait packed us a picnic lunch and we took the girls to the game. They quarters were seriously 27 minutes long but the clock was continuous so that made it better but still it was LONG. So after about half time the girls were all over the steps and benches we decided to go to the Spring Bug Bowl at Purdue. Lehna kept talking about riding the train b/c as we were coming up upon Purdue we saw the Boilermaker Special and she of course wanted to ride the train. So we told her that we would try to get there to ride the train. Well we walked back to the car and then started walking towards the Bug Bowl when we realized that it was already 2:30 and the next event started at 3 so there was not going to be a way to get all the way to the bug bowl and really have any time to spend there. So we headed back to the car. Lehna was VERY disappointed but we told her we were going to go see Nana and Papa and she said “okay” and we headed back to the car.

The second event was a birthday celebration (of sorts) For Max, our nephew. It is a Chinese tradition in which after the 100th day of birth you celebrate with family and friends. It is a cool tradition. It was really fun to see all the family. Max is soooo adorable. And he was soooooo good I only heard him whine once when he was getting his diaper changed. It was so funny to watch Maya with all the babies. Sarah and Adam had invited a bunch of their friends and a lot of them have children about the age of Evan and Maya was in BABY CITY! This for her is RIGHT up her alley. She would squat next to them and go “Hi baby” and then sit next to them and try to engage them ANYWAY she could. Lehna was VERY shy and didn’t go very far. Lehna doesn’t like dogs and they have a husky that Lehna was VERY leery about and all the new faces she wasn’t at all interested in straying too far. They had a TON of food. Sarah is Chinese and her food is always so very good. Her mom made Sushi and I had real sushi, no like Kroger sushi. It was good. I don’t think I would like a sushi bar/restaurant. Tait LOVED it he kept trying to urge me to eat more. And it was good but one was enough. So it was a fun event.

After that we went and grabbed some ice cream we promised Lehna if she was good we would take her to ice cream and surprisingly enough Maya DIDN’T get it all over the front of her. I guess it pays to sit at the table in the Ice Cream parlor… b/c she was very clean. I had even gotten her vanilla just in case she did get it all over the front of her (I can’t get chocolate out of clothes I totally suck at it) So I didn’t want to ruin her cute pink shirt.

On Sunday we had our last time at the Crawfordsville Ward. It was very sad. I love my ward and my calling actually so it was really sad to sit with the girls one last time. But something good did come out of it. I talked to a couple of the ladies from Church and they volunteered to come and help me pack this week. So I’m VERY grateful for their help. The Young Women are coming on Wednesday night to help me finish pack the odds and ins. Tonight I’m going to get all of the items I’m going to need for the next couple of days out and put aside so I can literally tell the girls that they can pack EVERYTHING that they see. They said afterwards they would even start to clean. So that’s awesome.

Last night the Jensen family came over for the Family Home Evening to help us pack. Also Jessica came over too, it was so great. We got SOOOO much done there would have been NO way I would have gotten it done by myself. So it was wonderful how they helped me out.

I have my kitchen all done except for under the sink, and a few dishes that we are actively using. I have the girls’ room completely done except for the girls hanging cloths and the clothes in their dresser. The front room is expected for the toys in the corner and then there are just odd things that need put in a box. I’m pretty excited that so much of it was done last night.

So tonight I’ll get the rest of the clothes and stuff out for the rest of the week and then on Wednesday it should be done. The playroom is totally packed with boxes as is the garage. I hope we get it all in the truck that will be the next step. We have a people coming from Church and then my family members coming to help us so hopefully loading won’t be too bad. I just hope it all fits! But if push comes to shove then I will be able to come back for boxes over the next couple of weekends… So hopefully we won’t have to do that… I hope!

News on the job front! Well I got a call from one of the staffing companies I have been talking to and we set up a Face to Face meeting for the first week of May. He is located in Kentucky and they are going to be opening an office for a company in Pleasant Prairie (which is where I will live) an on site company. I have been kind of in the loop with this company since like January and he gave me a time line of start date which would be like June… so we’ll see what happens… keep your fingers crossed for me. I have been praying and I hope it continues to be positive vibes… please please… I hope…

I talked to the Racine office… and it doesn’t sound like that is going to go anywhere… so maybe I’m supposed to be for this new company. We’ll see. I hope!

So that’s all I got… pretty exciting times right now. I’m so excited about moving. I can’t wait… Can’t wait! The girls are starting to get anxious too… Lehna keeps asking me every night if we are going to move into our new house tomorrow so I know they are excited. I just can’t wait to get there and all is together again. It was defiantly something that I needed for myself but I’m done… I’m ready to be together again.

So to a new adventure…

No comments: