Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The Ups and Downs of Parenthood…

Well another week has passed us by and it wouldn’t be complete without a Lehna having a few firsts mixed in! Lehna this weekend was in an “event” this weekend… I mentioned it briefly last week and I have decided to write about it in fuller detail. Lehna was entered into the Warren County Cutest Baby Contest this weekend. I had my reservations about the contest because I don’t 100% agree with putting babies in contests and I didn’t want this event to come bite me in the butt later, you know when Lehna is going through her “awkward” stage… but… even with my reservations I entered her into the contest. Well I have to say she didn’t win, it was sad. But in defense there were 15 different babies in her category AND I think the contest was RIGGED! It was very interesting to me that in each division of the baby contest the winner was always the baby that had a man holding the child. Now I know what your thinking… that couldn’t possibly be but I saw evidence of this! Every time the man held the baby that baby mysterious won… the only time that didn’t happen is when there were no men in the category holding a baby. Then they HAD to give it to the baby with the mom… I mean they couldn’t be toooooo obvious. So with this being said… the reason Lehna didn’t win the baby contest is b/c Tait wasn’t there… that’s right this is all Tait’s fault! LOL I’m just kidding of course. It was sad that she didn’t win but I know she’s soooo adorable and little did I know she was coming down with the flu that day so she wasn’t in her “baby contest mind set” So here are some pictures of the contest the picture below is the picture of the “winner.” I know that Lehna is the cutest! And I didn’t need a panel of judges to tell me that!






Isn’t she a cutie!


So after the baby contest we went to Grandma and Grandpa Wagner’s house to let them have some time with the baby. I think they really enjoyed themselves.

That evening Lehna woke up and started to cry demanding a bottle… well Tait and I gave her her normal 6oz bottle and thought that everything was fine… that was until her little tummy decided that it was UPSET! And after her little 6 oz bottle EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING in her little tummy came back to the surface. It was HORRIBLE! So for the next 10 hours Lehna was still getting a regular bottle but we would see it again! Well on Sunday morning I decided to call Lehna’s new pediatrician to see what was going on. Earlier last week we took Lehna to her old pediatrician and they said she had an upper respiratory infection and that there wasn’t anything they could do… So when I talked to her new pediatrician she said that there is a flu that is going around that starts in the chest and then moves down to their tummies making food impossible to stay down. So she put Lehna on a Pedialyte Diet for the next 8 hours and if she was having problems keeping that down then she would have to go to the ER. And she was only to have 1 oz… Well when Lehna went from a 6 oz bottle to just a little 1 oz bottle she was having some MAJOR hunger pains. So we tried to slow down her bottle intake as slow as possible but even then she was still crying after her bottle. Well we managed to get through the weekend. Of course she was eating every hour and cried after her ounce was gone but she did manage to keep the pedialyte down and that’s all I was most concerned about. So on Sunday night we started reintroducing her regular bottle again… apparently a little too soon b/c her tummy rejected it ALL again! So I stayed home with Lehna on Monday and put her back on the pedialyte diet and called her pediatrician (again). Sooooooo she said keep trying the formula but if she still rejects it then she may need to have the pedialyte diet again for 12 hours…. Sooooo I was up in the air about work on Tuesday! But Little Lehna has pulled through her ordeal I am glad to say. She is working slowly introducing her regular milk and she is almost back up the 6-7oz mark. So hopefully in another week or so we can try introducing solid foods to her. I want to make sure this tummy thing is goooooood and over before trying!



Here are some additional pictures of Lehna as she played with the camera. Even though Lehna was coming down with the flu she still has been playful and in good spirits so what more could moms want!





I also wanted to mention that Tait has started his new job this week. He is now training in Indianapolis every day which is soooooo nice b/c I get to ride with him everyday! And he really really likes his job so I’m sooooo excited for him. He won’t start working in Tippecanoe until October. So thanks again for reading about us this week sorry it was a bit, well, gross, but that’s the joys of being a parent!

No comments: