Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A Little R & R


Tait and I had a very nice relaxing weekend. We managed to pawn off Lehna onto Aunt Jackie and Uncle Marcus from Saturday to Sunday so we could get some much needed “us” time. Although we didn’t get to a movie… so the last movie I saw in the movie theater is still Star Wars… we did have a very nice dinner out and a nice round of golf. We have a book of gift certificates for golf courses around Indiana and we were able to use one of them. It was fun… playing a new course is ALWAYS challenging but I think Tait and I managed quite well. Tait played really well I had some trouble, I guess I needed the 7-8 beers!

Lehna managed to get her pictures taken TWICE this weekend. Marcus and Jackie took her on Saturday and we took her on Sunday. She was really cute with us on Sunday she smiled really big her very first picture they took and Tait talked me into getting that one… since we couldn’t get that picture back… thank goodness we got that picture b/c she was a STINKER to get the rest of the pictures. They take like 6 extra so you buy them… well I was really good and didn’t buy ANY of them… so Tait was proud. So we should have her pictures back by September 14th I can’t wait! So look for them!
(Jackie does this elephant look familar he's from the Indy zoo?)

Lehna had a fever and was pulling on her ear on Monday so I took her to the doctor. When we got there they gave her another breathing treatment b/c she was wheezing a bit (the air was VERY thick yesterday). Lehna has an ear infection and when we left the doctor’s office her temperature was still 101.3 well all day she had a fever and finally at 8:00 p.m her fever broke. Lehna was like a totally different baby. She was all smiles and happy. She wanted to play so I put her in her jump a roo and she jumped for about 20 mins. We took her out about 8:40 and I rocked her to sleep she was totally out by 9:20 p.m and she went to bed. She slept all night last night, which was really wonderful considering she was not feeling well an hour earlier. She went to daycare this morning and was all smiles. So I think the rough part is over thank goodness for her new doctor!

Well the plan for this weekend is of course going to be wild and crazy but what else would you expect after a weekend of relaxing. We are going to join Helen, Tim, Tanna and Landyn at the Holiday Inn in Indy they have a huge indoor water park called Caribbean Cove and we are going to go and join them for some pool fun… Which I know Lehna will enjoy… That’s the plan hopefully I’ll remember my camera… well… that’s all I got…..Thanks for reading about us!

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Well, in my expert opinion, the baby elephant is either Amali or Ajoni, I can't tell which... baby elephants tend to look alike!!!

Stephanie said...

IT's Amali... it said it when I downloaded the picture... but very impressive