Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Adventures of the Weekend!


Well another weekend has come to an end and its back to the weekly rat race. I guess I really can’t complain all that much since I only worked three days last week! I have a feeling this week is really going to seem long and never ending… of course I could always be wrong.


This weekend was A LOT of fun. We headed to Peru on Friday night and went to the Wagner’s for the night. Jackie and I headed to Teresa’s house on Friday night to help Janet clean. Since Teresa passed away there is MUCH to be done on the house. Daniel is now shipped off to boot camp and he isn’t available to make sure things stay orderly and organized so the burden was passed on to Janet. Jackie and I both volunteered to help her out since it is A LOT of work. Well due to some pretty horrible traffic, and the horrible police directing traffic we got to Peru about 8:30 pm and we headed out to the house. Our policy was Dump and leave we wanted to get as much as done as possible but still not be there all night… So we started in the refrigerator and that went pretty smoothly overall we filled 4 BIG garbage full of trash from the refrigerator.

We needed to get EVERYTHING out b/c Daniel isn’t going to be back until December so anything in the refrigerator would have been bad. We also managed to get the freeze cleaned out. Well after we got that part done we headed for the pantry… Let’s just say there was sooooooo much in the pantry. The problem with the food in the pantry is all the box containers are rodent invitations so we HAD to clean all of those out whether they were open or not they HAD to go. Well I don’t know if any one has ever been in Teresa’s pantry but there was SOOOOOOOOO much food. I think that if the whole family could have been locked in her house for 3 years there still would have been enough food for everyone, probably even leftovers! Well we packed up all of the sealed boxed food and tossed all the open boxes.

Overall it took us about 3 hours. Well after we got done cleaning we then ran into a new problem… what to do with all the food… Well the VERY nice neighbor came and checked on the house when we were there (which was GREAT) and he said he would be willing to cart of the food the next morning but we were nervous about that… b/c most of the food we took out of the refrigerator was spoiled so it would just spoil even worse making our “cleaning” kind of worthless. So we thought maybe we would light a fire and burn all the food… well… we couldn’t find the burn barrel and then when we did locate the barrel it was surrounded by weeds… weeds that would have caused a forest fire if we would have started a fire…


So the solution. We decided to pack up all the food in the back of our SUV and find a dumpster and get the heck out of dodge. Simple plan right…

Well one would think this was child’s play but things were a bit more difficult than that. So as we were loading the bags we discovered that one of the bags that held the meat (of course) had a hole… and was leaking blood… Sooooo we had to find something to layer the car with so that we didn’t get blood all over the SUV b/c I know Tait would NOT be happy if that happened. So we searched and searched the house for something to use… then we found a very old sheet and towel and used that. Well it was kind of creep walking around the house at night where three people had passed away! The whole time as we would go into new rooms I would state very clearly and loudly “All ghosts just better stay hidden if you know what’s good for you” I know I know I’m brave. Well after we got the bags loaded we had to clean off the floor b/c there was blood on it… so we did that and we some how managed to get the blood on both of us… I don’t know exactly how it happened but it did.

We then locked up the house and started the search for a dumpster. Well I thought this would be a simple solution. Well I was wrong AGAIN! So we went to a few “seclude” places but we really couldn’t find anywhere to dump the stuff. Well the more we drove around the guiltier Jackie and I both started to feel. It kind of felt like we had just murdered someone and were searching for a place to dump the body. Well we finally found a dumpster and there was this big sign that there was a $500 fine for public dumping so we couldn’t dump there. Well finally we found somewhere and Jackie and I very quickly unloaded the bags of trash saving the meat bag for last. It was VERY heavy since we had to combine two of the bags to stop the leaking. Well we had to kind of roll it up the dumpster to get it in (we used the sheet and towel, to help keep the stuff off of us). Well after we rolled it in and closed the lid we looked at the dumpster and it seriously looked like we just dumped a body. It was the strangest thing ever. Well we went back to the Wagner’s and took showers. I mean we had to wash away the evidence. It was one crazy night!

I know that Janet was grateful for the help and I think that we did a good job. We didn’t get everything cleaned out but we did get accomplished the things we wanted to get done. It was nice being able to help Janet out because I know she has quite the chore trying to help Daniel keep things organized.


Well on Saturday it was the F.O.P yearly golf tournament. I have been waiting for this tournament all year! It’s such a fun tournament b/c you can make up your own teams, it’s all you can eat and drink as well! And I’m not just talking about Pepsi! So it was A LOT of fun. I of course over indulged and I don’t think I embarrassed my family or myself too much. (Compared to last year) Our team consisted of Jackie, Marcus, Tait, and I. The other team was Trent, Tanna, Travis, and Tim. I think both teams had a really good time. Our team didn’t win but we did have a good time playing. I think Marcus and Jackie need to get on the course more often! Tait was a little disappointed b/c we didn’t win and I hope he wasn’t too disappointed but we were three under par so that’s got to say something! Trent, Tanna, Travis, and Tim came in dead last and for coming in last they received a $40 prize! But I think even though they came in last they still had a good time. The best thing about this tournament is it was a scramble so it made it less torture for those that haven’t had a lot of practice or experience with golf. Tait and I have decided that we are both going to have to play more next year. I know the summer isn’t over yet but two rounds in one year simply aren’t enough. I definitely would like to play more! I really enjoy taking new people out golfing because I like to show them how much fun the game is… so if anyone is ever interesting in going out with us LET US KNOW! We would be more than willing to take you out! I think next year we need to take Christina and Kris out so they can have some experience hitting the ball around! I would like to see Kris’ swing b/c Marcus and my dad have the EXACT same golf swing so I would like to see if Kris shares the same characteristics! It was freaky! It was like seeing a ghost!

Well that was pretty much our weekend. We had another great weekend but I think the plans for this weekend is just to relax… THANK GOODNESS. We have been on the go for the past month! So it will be nice to take a breather… of course our lawn is certainly calling our names… hopefully it won’t rain too much after I don’t want to have to mow the yard with a machete! Sorry for the lack of pictures… I’ll put some up this weekend. Take care everyone and have a GREAT weekend!

No comments: