Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Weekend of Firsts!

Well another weekend has come to end, and it was filled with firsts for Lehna. On Thursday night, Lehna and I traveled to Peru to visit our family. My Aunt Sam come from California this weekend and Lehna got to meet her for the very FIRST time! It was great. Lehna was being a very sweet angel the whole time. Below are pictures of Lehna and Sam and Lehna and Grandma.



We hung out with Sam and Grandma all Friday afternoon and it was really GREAT! Friday night Helen, Tanna, Landyn, Lehna and I went downtown for Lehna’s very FIRST Circus City Carnival. It was PACKED on Friday. There were so many people there. I was actually disgusted with the amount of little girls dressed like strippers that lined the streets of downtown Peru. That was VERY disturbing… I kept whispering to Lehna that she would NEVER dress like that and leave MY house! It was quite shocking. But other than that, Lehna got to see the elephant and she also watched Landyn and Tanna ride the ponies. I was a little leery of getting so close to the elephant (even though I KNOW it was tame) ,but I guess I have seen too many T.V shows where the elephant goes on a rampage and stomps on people… I was watching that elephant out of the corner of my eye the whole time we were there. Silly, but I couldn’t help it.



After strutting around town for about an hour and a half we went back up to Tim and Helen’s. Tait came to Peru after work so he was already settled in at the Wagner’s.

On Saturday, morning the whole house got up VERY early and started our day. Helen and Tanna went and did some shopping at 6:00 am, Tait went golfing, and Lehna and I went to grandmas to catch the parade.

Lehna and I got to the parade route at about 8:10 am and most of the streets were already blocked off. So I found a barricade that was short and just drove around it to get to my grandmother’s house. Once we got there we then walked up to the library to watch Lehna’s very FIRST Circus City Parade. I was nervous that Lehna would be bothered by the loud sirens and noisy pipe organs, but Lehna just took the event in stride. She just played with her hands and sat quietly on Aunt Sam and Grandma’s lap. Below is a picture of a pipe organ.



Here is a picture of everyone that went to the parade on Saturday… Make sure you click the picture to see who everyone is!


Here are pictures of some of the animals that were in the parade. I took more pictures of the other animals but they didn’t turn out very well.

Kangaroos in a Parade!


Here are these HUGE horses. Look how BIG he is compared to the handler right next to him. I was VERY impressed by their size. The rear horse was kind of dancing to the music which was kind of funny to watch. He would try to trot along; of course the parade had come to a stop so he was getting kind of ancy to move.


LOOK HOW BIG THIS HORSE IS COMPARED TO THE TRAINER!

Here’s a picture of my cousin Bradly and his fire truck. He’s a member of the volunteer Fire Department in Mexico (Indiana…).


After the parade we went to The Siding for lunch with my grandmother. Every year she likes to take all of us out for a group birthday lunch. It was a lot of fun. Lehna pretty much slept the whole time we were at lunch except when our food came and then she was WIDE awake. Thank goodness grandma was done eating so she took her and played with her while I ate.

After the lunch we went to Grissom to hit some golf balls. Marcus, Jackie, Tait, and I are all on a team for the Peru Police Department Annual Golf Scramble. I am VERY excited about this tournament. It is a day full of golf, with a steak lunch, and free ALCOHOL! Last year I had a GREAT time so I hope this year I hope will be the same. We don’t really expect to win, I just want to have a good time. We figured we should probably let Marcus and Jackie have some practice time so they could get familiar with their golf clubs. I think both Marcus and Jackie had a good time hitting balls.

After hitting some golf balls we were sooooo hot and sweaty since the heat index was 102 on Saturday. So we went to the Little’s house for a little dip in the pool. This was Lehna’s FIRST time in the pool and she had a great time. She has learned how to splash and was kicking up a storm. I told Tait that her next bath it going to be a wet one for us. She really had a good time. She only cried once when she head kind of went underwater and it didn’t take her too long to be “okay” Tait picked her up and stopped crying instantly. I think she just got scared. Below are pictures of Lehna and I in the pool.


Lehna’s first time in the pool!


Lehna and Jackie playing around

Lehna was pretty tired after all of her firsts but on Sunday she had one other FIRST. Lehna had her first real bite of adult food. Lehna has shown an interest in food for the last few weeks and on Sunday was no exception. Tait was eating a vanilla Jell-O pudding pop and Lehna kept reaching for it. Tait held it for her to take a lick but she didn’t understand what we wanted her to do so I broke of a frozen chunk and stuck it in her mouth. After first her tongue did the natural reflex and pushed it out but it didn’t take her long to figure it out She had four bites of the pudding pop and it went over really well. I can’t wait until her doctor’s appointment on August 4th so we can get the go ahead to give her “real” food. She stares at us every time we eat and she is starting to reach for cups as we try to take a drink. I know both Tait and I would be VERY excited about the idea of her starting real food… no more formula for her!

Well that was our weekend. I’m kind of glad the weekend is over so I can get some relaxing in since we were so busy. Next weekend the plan is to go back to Williamsport. Lehna is going to be involved in an “event” there. I don’t want to give too much away because if she doesn’t win, then she will NEVER KNOW she was EVER entered. Okay well I think that is enough of a hint. I hope everyone has a great week. Please check out Lehna’s 3-4 month Photo Album for more pictures from this weekend.

No comments: