Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Weekly Update.

So I know all your loyal readers have been wondering why in the world I haven’t written well quite frankly it’s been on the 2nd thing on my list of things to do and it just kept sliding down on my list UNTIL today, and I FINALLY had a free moment to complete my weekly update. I am also going to be changing my weekly format a bit different but I will explain that later…

This past weekend Jackie, Lehna, and I headed to Hartford, Wisconsin to visit my mom and step-dad. We left on Thursday night around 6 ish and headed out North. We made pretty good time up until we hit Chicago and then everything went to pot! We were trapped on the Boreman Expresses way for about an hour and a half due to all the traffic it was HORRIBLE! After we got through Chicago we didn’t make too bad of time and it took the normal 4-5 hour trip a long 6 ½ hour journey. Lehna was really good the whole time she basically just slept and since it was her bedtime that was fine by me. So once we got there we woke Lehna up and mom played with her and we headed to bed about 2 ish.

On Friday we got up and went to a very pretty little place called Cedar Creek. We wanted to go to the winery there. It was a very interesting place it was like Conner Prairie meets the Mall it was kind of odd. We had to carry Lehna and her stroller up a couple flights of stairs it definitely wasn’t very “child friendly” but we were able to take her on the tour of the winery and that was good. The tour itself was pretty interesting I was amazing to hear of all the different uses this VERY old building had once held. So it was interesting. Our tour guide basically took us to the cellar and showed us a video and then repeated everything that was in the video but it still was interesting information. After the tour we went and got to taste some wine. Some of the wines were VERY good and then there were other wines that were not so good. We did manage to get a case of wine and split it amongst the three of us so I got to take home a souvenir of the wine tasting, of course once we drink it…

On Saturday we went the Cheesecake factory and a mall. It was a good day. Mom had some much needed Granddaughter-Grandma time and we relaxed and took a breather. It was very nice.



We also managed to go on a Harley motorcycle ride. It was a lot of fun. I managed to go by 5 different lakes around their home and they were all beautiful, of course I didn’t bring my camera or you would have those pictures… I suck. But it was beautiful none the less and it was interesting to see all the landscapes of Wisconsin. It reminded me a lot of the landscapes of the Mississinawa around Peru accept hillier.


On Sunday we headed to Wal-Mart to get a few things before heading back to Indiana and mom also purchased Lehna the HIT of the YEAR a Jump A Roo for Lehna… and let me tell you this is a WONDERFUL invention. It’s designed like a walker but it has the wonderful bungee cord that holds the seat in place. It gives the child the freedom to bounce up and down as much as possible. Let me tell you Lehna LOVES this toy for the day we got it she jumps for about an hour straight, she jumps in it so much it actually makes her winded. It’s also wearing her out to where she is sleeping through the night again… THANK GOODNESS! It’s wonderful THANK YOU AGAIN MOM!


P.S My coworker is working on an animated video of Lehna riding the motocycle so look for it soon!

No comments: