Monday, October 03, 2005

Happy October!

Well another weekend has left us and boy am I sad  I want the weekend to come back already and it just left! We did have a fun filled weekend and we were busy. So that in turn made the weekend FLY by!

On Saturday we headed to West Lafayette to go and tail gate for the Purdue vs. Notre Dame football game. We went to the field at 1:00, the game didn’t start until 6 but since we weren’t planning on going to the game we didn’t really care how long we were there. We were just going to for the food and some fun. Helen and Tim got on of those Bean Bag toss games (everyone has them in the tailgate areas) and we played with that. I have found that I have absolutely no talent in trying to play the bean bag game and I think I had a few people convinced that I was drunk b/c my bean bag skills were so poor. Of course I wasn’t drunk nor did I really drink much at the game others around me… not so true. I think you know who you are Heather! Let just say Heather was feeling pretty good. I wonder how she was feeling the day after?

So we all feasted on Helen’s wonderful cooking and talked and enjoyed being outside. Lehna had a good time I think. It was so nice outside and under the shade of the canopy it was so nice to have her outside. Lehna played in her pack n play, went for a few walks, she managed to catch a look at the Purdue Band, and took a nice nap. She’s pretty content where ever she is so it wasn’t a bad day. There was a group of guys that we pretty smashed a few tailgating spots down from us and they provided much of the entertainment for us. They were wrestling on the ground and walking along the bed of their trucks singing and chanting various things it was funny. We only got a little scared when they started tossing the football around and were not doing a very good job b/c the ball kept bouncing into other people’s camps. But all in all it was a good time. Of course this was all BEFORE the game started, once the game started then it wasn’t very much fun. Lehna crashed about 7 ish and so we started walking back to Tanna’s apartment b/c they left the minivan for the people that went to the game. So as we were walking back Tait and Tanna ranted and raved about how horrible the game was going, and the players. It was quite a pleasant walk. Once we got in the car and headed out of Lafayette Tait was angrily listening to the game and grumbling… finally he got fed up enough to turn the game off. So we listened to 80’s music the rest of the way home. IT WAS SOOOO MUCH FUN! LOL Actually it wasn’t too bad I’m glad Trent wasn’t with us… I can only imagine what kind of a mood he was displaying, Tait was bad enough. After we got home we put Lehna in bed and Tait kept flipping the game back on and would get mad and flip it off. It was kind of entertaining. I kept telling him to turn it off and not watch it… but he didn’t listen… I think he likes torture. So that was SATURDAY night!

On Sunday we polished up the house for the Colt’s game on Sunday. We had a house full of people and it was soooooo much fun! It was so worth cleaning the house and getting ready for everyone! Jackie entertained Lehna so that was a great break for us. Thank you Jackie! We had really good hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill with chips and a VERY yummy chocolate chip cake! (I didn’t make the hamburgers this week we bought them already in patties, not to have a repeat of LAST weekend!) It was a nice time. The Colt’s won if you didn’t know it was GREAT! It was actually a higher scoring game too so that made it even better! So it was nice that one of our teams pulled through for us! Oh and the Tally… I won the Big 10 teams this week and Tait won the NFL picks. So Tait has to give me a back massage for a half hour… and I have to give him one! Darn it! Just once I’d like to win BOTH but one is better than none I guess!

Lehna was having some minor digestive issues on Saturday and after a full day and a half with no BM I decided to take action and give the poor girl some prunes… let’s just say Lehna is back to working order. Lehna got a mid-afternoon bath during the Colt’s game!

As far as big plans for the week we really don’t have much going on this week. Just normal work and such YEAH my favorite! I do have to go to the grocery store once this week to pick up more baby food and lunch stuff… but that’s as exciting as I get. I know I’m BORING!

Next weekend it’s the Iowa game and Theresa is going to watch Lehna. I know she’s very excited about it. Well at least I hope she’s excited about it. So it should be a good time. It’s funny every time Purdue doesn’t do well the boys in my family always talk about how they aren’t going to get season tickets next year and blah blah blah… every year… the same old story. It’s kind of amusing and after this game the talk of not getting tickets was again tossed around, but I know for a fact that they would HATE not being able to go to the games! Boys they are so silly sometimes… but when you look forward to this EVERY year… Poor Tait… I think he’ll pull through. Okay well that’s all I got for right now. I know I don’t have pictures on this post… but hopefully through out the week I can get some up. Lehna’s not feeling 100% right now she has a little sniffle… too much fresh air I guess! Or it’s those WONDERFUL Sick Gods that are sprinkling us with their magic pixy dust once again.

No comments: