Thursday, October 27, 2005

Milestone week update!


Well here is a brief update for the week. I have lots of things to say right now but I will tell you all about Lehna’s Milestone’s first since this is HER blog! Well our big girl has been trying to sit up on her won since she was four months old and the little darling has learned how to do it ALLLLL BY HERSELF. She kind of rolls to her side and kind of pushes herself up with her arm… it’s kind of hard to explain but she has discovered she can sit up on her changing table… which she was already moving all around on the changing table and now she just sits up in the middle. It makes it VERY difficult to change but it’s typically for a baby her age to not want to sit still. So with her new discovery she is also trying to pull herself up by latching onto things and just pulling as hard as she can. She can’t quite do it but has convinced me that it’s time to move her crib rails up at night so she doesn’t learn how to fall out accidentally.

Also in the realm of milestones Lehna is also now crawling. I know I mentioned this before in my blog but she has definitely gained improvement over the last couple of days and she is now taking more than just one step and stopping. Last night she crawled to a ball several times she would usually get about half way there and lay down and rest and then crawl again after she takes a little break. It’s really amazing watching her change and grow. She always is on the go and is always so busy it’s really wonderful. She now also has a tooth it’s poking up and is VERY sharp and I think she might be getting another tooth right next to her new tooth, I can’t say for certain and I’ll keep you posted on it.

Even with her learning new tricks and cutting teeth Lehna has been in a great mood and she is still just a great baby. I hope she continues to be so laid back and good natured. I know that I don’t deserve such a good baby since I was such a horrible child to MY parents but luckily we have a few angels up there that picked out a very special baby.

Also in the spirit of good news I was recently offered a new position with Lifetouch photo studio. I was offered the position of being an Assistant Manager. I have accepted the position and my last day with my current company will be on Monday. Some of you know that I also interviewed with the Tippecanoe County Juvenile court this past week as well for a court report position there. I am still in the running with that position. Both positions will offer me two very different lines of work and very different opportunities. Tait has been very supportive of me and there are some minor concerns with Lehna and daycare but we think we have ironed those wrinkles out, of course time will tell if we need more adjustment. I am excited about the Assist Manager position and I got the impression during the interview that they are hoping to move this position up very quickly to the manager position, which would be very excited and challenging. I know that this move will be exciting for me and scary all at the same time. I want to make the right decision for my family and for myself. I really thank all of those that have given their support and advice through this decision. It has really helped me and I appreciate it. So you may notice that my blog may not be as updated as quickly as before BUT I will try my best to keep it updated weekly.

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!
...that's all I have to say about that... :)

Stephanie said...

your too cute!

lkmanitou said...

Grats on finding a new job :D

Stephanie said...

thank you I'm really looking forward to my new job.