Thursday, October 13, 2005

Whiney Weekday

Whiney Weekday

Here’s another round of Whiney Weekday!

1. Short Week… This week was a short week since we had to take Lehna to the doctor this week and it seems like the week just won’t end! That’s the problem with short weeks once you get out of your normal “routine” the short weeks seem some how longer then the normal 5 day weeks!

2. Exhaustion… I have been so incredibly tired this week. I have no energy to do much of anything. My house is a mess and I have no energy to clean it up. I keep trying to convince myself to pick up after I put Lehna to bed but I just can’t seem to get any energy to do it. Last night both Tait and I were exhausted by 7:45 and we were barely keeping our eyes up to get Lehna put to bed.

3. Patience… Well I’m waiting patiently for another response from my latest “appointment” from this week. I can’t stand this part the waiting part is what kills me. When I talked to the lady she made it sound like all would have to do is talk to her boss and she is supposed to call me to schedule another “appointment” and the lady said within the next couple of days she should be contacting you… Today is day number 2! (((sigh))) Such torture!

4. Waiting on Hold... So I had to call the IPD today to make a request to file out a report… and let me tell you first I couldn’t get the phone to ring I just kept getting a busy signal then after I did get the phone to ring the phone went into this system that put me on hold for 15 mins! Of course there was all so wonderful hold music and a very annoying voice that came on that said “all of our dispatchers are currently busy please continue to hold and your call will be answered in the order it is received” and the worst part is I just had some questions regarding what information they would need in order to just file the report… I wasn’t even going to file the report I was going to have to CALL AGAIN just to do that! Mercy! I keep hearing the song from Adam Sandler version of Linda’s Song from the Wedding Singer and the phrase “somebody kill me please” keeps repeating in my head OVER AND OVER!

5. Purdue Boilermakers… I am so disappointed by the Boilermakers this year. Every year I try to keep faith and hope that they will do well but they always disappoint. I’m still a fan and I continue to torture myself by going to the games week after week, but they need to get their stuff together! I mean Tait has been a BEAR to live with since they are doing so bad, it’s so bad he’s actually thinking about not getting season tickets next year! So pull it together boys… and I have heard that if we do qualify for a bowl (keep your fingers crossed) then it will be either the Music City Bowl (Tennessee) or the Motor City Bowl (Detroit) which means we could go if they qualify!!!!

6. Wet Hair Look… I still haven’t gotten up any earlier so I still have the horrible “wet hair look” all day and I HATE IT, but I’m just to freaking lazy to get up early to give myself extra time.
7. Energy Prices… So I’m so tired of hearing how expensive our winter heating bills are going to be this winter I think I could vomit. We have propane heat which I HATE and we normally only have to have it filled 3 times a year and it is normally about $300 to fill it which you know that sucks but you know what can you do… well I’m so afraid that this winter will put us in the poor house because of the expense of filling the stupid gas tank! I have told Tait that we are going to have to dress warm to ensure that we don’t spend too much, I was just thinking about our pipes and finding the temperature that won’t allow the pipes to freeze but keeping it so we won’t end up in the poor house at the same time! Gosh I hate the government and those greedy gas whoring Opeck officials.

8. Post Office Natzi… well I didn’t think it was possible that government officials would be from the Natzi party but it is true and she works at the Darlington Post Office. She is the meanest lady ever! She returns things to the sender if we don’t have our Post Office box on the letters which I guess she’s just toooooo lazy to look at the address to put the mail in the right slot. The only time we can actually get packages and stuff from the horrible post office lady is on Saturday well the hours are like 8:35-10:35 every Saturday… they are like that I DON’T KNOW so usually we just miss getting our packages or large envelops on Saturday b/c they are closed and usually if we hear someone in the back we will knock and they will get us our mail, I mean I can’t help when they are open we are at WORK! Well the other workers are always SUPER nice and will get them… well this last time I asked to get my package the Natzi mail lady handed it to me and then goes… “The hours are from 8:35 am to 10:35 am… only” the freaking jerk I mean give me a break! But she has sent my checks back to me… checks… I HATE this lady… I mean why can’t we get home delivery I’m willing to pay the extra tax to do that!

9. The Golden Reimbursement Check… Well we are still waiting for the golden reimbursement check from the state office. I have come to the conclusion that we may never receive this check and maybe we need to start sending out search parties looking for it. Tait said that he gets emails from the mail accounting office stating that they are way behind and yada yada and that they should be processed soon. So we still go everyday for our daily dose of disappointment and check the post office.

10. Weather… Well just when I think that fall has FINALLY arrived the next day we get another day of 70 degree weather. I think the trees are confused on what to do whether to drop their leaves or hold on to them. Our big oak trees haven’t even started to change colors yet and if they don’t change soon, they will simply turn brown and fall off and THAT’S NO FUN! I just hate having to watch the weather report every morning before knowing how to dress Lehna for daycare!

No comments: