Monday, October 30, 2006

Welcome to another page of our lives!

Here’s a weekly update! Don’t you love weekly updates. I know I do!

Here’s what is going on in our lives. Well this weekend we had lots of things going on we went to Jackie and Marcus’ for Kris’ Birthday Bash. Lehna was really good the whole time. She got whinny when it was time to go but it was night night time and she hadn’t eaten yet so that played a big part in that. So on the way home I stopped and got McDonalds and she ate really well she had a plain cheese burger and I was AMAZED on how much she ate and this kid wolfed down the pizza earlier in the day so it was AMAZING! So I watched Lehna and Zach while everyone else played games and that was interesting. It was a little taste of what it’s going to be like in a couple of months! Scary that’s all I have to say! I told Tait that we won’t be going anywhere w/out one another! I can’t imagine what it would be like trying to go shopping or any other activity for the most part by my self with TWO! NO WAY! So we had a good time eating birthday cake and wolfing down pizza. We watched the Purdue game and well that was a disappointment but that’s pretty typical lately.

On Sunday boy did I have a good time Tait and I worked in Lehna’s “new” room and we got through sooooo much crap! We still have some to go through but we did make some MAJOR headway! We were able to get all the way through the closet and put all of Lehna’s clothes in space totes… they weren’t like fab but they did do a good job. I was pleased with them. I don’t think Tait was impressed but I thought they were cool. I got almost 4 totes with 2 large trash bags into two large totes with a “small” tote and 3 big space bags Tait just said I just moved the stuff around but I think it looks better. If we have girl boy this kid isn’t going to need a THING! So the next step is to remove all the extra furniture and then get Lehna’s new furniture moved in. She needs a dresser so if anyone knows of where I can get my hands on one CHEAP let me know. I was very proud of us… and I threw away soooo much crap so I was proud over that too! So the next step will take a bit more planning b/c I will have to be able to get into the shed… to move the extra furniture. I just need to be able to put the stuff in there.

Another exciting thing is I got my garage door fixed. That was exciting after he fixed it he goes. “you are definitely going to want to get this door replaced” He said that the door is deemed “dangerous” he said that he had to fix some of the steel bars between the slats and stuff and he said that if the garage door comes off the pollies then we will want to take the opener off and use the door manually and I said “well it get us through the winter” and he said “probably” and I said that’s all I need it to do as long as I can get through the winter without having to scrap my car, that’s the goal you know for the winter! So maybe this spring we can invest in a new door for the garage. It’s one of those things that we will have to wait and see what happens.

Another project… I have decided that I can fix my couch cushions. I have decided that I can take the fabric from dad’s old chair and replace the fabric that’s on the couch. It won’t look 100 pretty but at least we won’t see the horrible cushions which we can see now. It will take me some time to do this but since dads chair it to the point of not being able to fix it I can use the fabric for the other seating in my house. So that’s my next goal and since I want to move that chair out of Baby Bs room this is the perfect excuse to tear it up and use the pieces… now if I can just sew in a straight square we’ll be all set. Anyone that knows my sewing abilities it’s kind of scary… I make blankets for people but they are never the right “size” and they hardly ever turn out with 90 degree angels so it will be a challenge but I think I’m up to it!

No comments: