Sunday, October 08, 2006

The Pumpkin Patch

What lucky readers you all are you get TWO repeat TWO updates in ONE weekend! Wow you are sooooo special! We were lucky enough to be able to take pictures and get them off the camera ALLLLLL in the same day. Boy oh Boy we maybe adding pictures more often… well back to the update. Again the pictures may not go with the text but HEY THERE’S PICTURES JUST ENJOY THEM OKAY! J/K
The Pumpkin Patch
As promised we did go to the pumpkin patch today so Lehna could pick out her pumpkin. We arrived before they opened the first attempt so we had to try again once the opened but we were NOT disappointed again this year. The owner who was incredibly nice greeted us who explained how the pricing worked on the pumpkins, where the “nature trail” was located, and how to enter the corn maze. We didn’t go on the nature trail but we did go through the corn maze.
Lehna Looking at the Hay
It wasn’t much of a maze but it was fun. Lehna walked a little through it but mostly wanted to be picked up and carried through it, it must be intimidating for her. I was leading the way and I got to be the “spider web catcher” I dubbed myself this name b/c every 2 feet I walked into a NEW spider web. They were usually just a one strander but it still was annoying. We walked to the “end” of the maze and was greeted but a very large Indian tee pee I don’t know why they had a tee pee but they did and we walked inside and walked outside. Lehna was VERY brave she walked straight up to and went inside without any second thoughts. So we followed her and then we walked out of the maze. It wasn’t really much of a maze I mean there were different paths cut but I think they all ended in the same place.
The Steps she didn't want to get away from
After that we went to the cabin. They recently built this cabin about two years ago when we first started going to the pumpkin patch the cabin didn’t exist but they felt they needed it and so they built it. It’s kind of neat it’s a nice cabin. I don’t know what they do with it during the rest of the year but for the fall it’s a nice place to display gourds and pumpkins.
Pretty Flowers
Lehna liked to look at the flowers and play with the hay. There were these kids that were playing in the cabin and Lehna kept trying to go over to them and play. Which was cute but we wanted to pick out a pumpkin and she just wasn’t into it.
Daddy & Lehna
We walked around the different rows of the pumpkins and Lehna just kind of would touch them and then move on I don’t know if she was trying them out or what but we did decide on a nice size on of her and we got on for herself. We are going to have her write all over it with a magic marker for her decorating this year. We didn’t get this accomplished today but we probably will by next weekend, or should I say but Halloween and if not… well oh well.
"This feels Smooth"
I did take a number of pictures of her walking around looking at the different things but they are mostly of the back of her head b/c she refused to look my direction. But these are the shots I was able to capture that I thought were the cutest. Lehna was a VERY tired girl today she went to sleep at 7 right after she had half a hot dog. I guess the zoo and the pumpkin patch wore her out. So hopefully she’ll sleep well tonight. Well that’s all I got I hop you enjoyed our entry.

Lehna says “TA TA for Now!”

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hooray for Pumkin Patch pictures! Lehna is such a doll!! We are going to try to go next weekend so I will be sure to poat mine as well.

lkmanitou said...

Awwww...You gotta let her take the pumpkin guts out! That's the best part of pumpkin season :) It will get her used to gooey stuff anyway so she'll be prepared for the Spin Art toy that Kris and I are planning on getting her for Christmas :D

Stephanie said...

Christina,
Awww you think she'll see the spin art too... she's young enough you can take things away from her and she won't even notice! We talked about letting her gut the pumpkin... I don't know though sounds VERY VERY MESSY.

Sarah,
Our pumpkin patch has really changed in the last two years which is kind of cool. I hope you have fun if you do go to the pumpkin patch! We had fun!