Monday, June 02, 2014

Weekend update


Well it’s time for an update and let me say it was a crazy weekend. 

 

On Saturday we went to Wabash for my company’s Tenderloin – Treasure Sale Fundraiser and we had some tenderloins.  I had worked for the first 2 hours selling tickets and such they came at the end of the event and had a good time.  We then went home because we had another event scheduled for the evening. 

 

We later went to an all-night Girl Scout Lock In at North Miami.  And if your girls are first years a parent had to be with them.  So Maya wanted to go and so I got to go too.  Lucky me!  I was VERY surprised how well behaved the girls were.  I mean they really listened to the adults and so I was surprised on how well they did.  I got to know a couple more of the ladies/moms there so that was nice.  It’s really a tight knit community so it was nice to make some other women connections.  A lot of the moms are stay at home moms so it’s not like we will be hanging out after work.  But at least ball games will be more fun since I know them better.  I just was surprised by the kids and how they behave.  I mean usually girls have a “wild side” to them and they really didn’t have that.  They played kick ball in the gym for a long time.  Lehna played so hard her hair was wet with sweat.  They made them lay down at midnight which all the moms were so excited that they did that and it was off to sleepy time.  Now I don’t know how many of you have experience sleeping on a gym floor with tumbling mats but let me tell you it was NOT comfortable.  I had my cot so I didn’t have to lay directly on the ground by it was just not comfy.  I don’t know how much sleep I actually got but we slept and then got up at 6:30. 

 

We had cleaned up the night before so it was just breakfast and then going home.  Lehna started to have an attitude the moment we walked in the door and I nipped that before it had a chance to start.  I know she was EXHAUSTED she had had 2 nights of being away from home (she spent the night camping Friday night) so I wasn’t surprised at all when she promptly fell asleep on the couch for 3 hours.  Which I didn’t want the sleeping bear woken up so it was all fine.  I drifted in and out of sleep all day on Sunday.  Maya finally fell asleep at like 5 and slept for a couple of hours. 

 

So we did a lot of nothing on Sunday just kind of catching up on our sleep.  Nikolai even fell asleep on his own, went upstairs laid down and went right to sleep.  I had to wake him up though b/c I was concerned he was going to sleep too long and then not want to go back to sleep a night.  We did have a few problems with him Sunday evening but we eventually fell asleep with me and Tait slept in the spare bed.  So it all worked out. 

 

The weekend felt really fast!  I think it’s just b/c we were so busy and not very productive on Sunday. 

 

This week is our last week of softball.  We have a game every night this week except Friday.  But then Saturday will be our marathon day of softball b/c Lehna and Maya will be having their “tournament” which should be interesting with Maya since they don’t keep score… so who knows.  We will know how they “place” come Thursday and we’ll know when we have to be there and such on Saturday. 

 

So it should be good.

 

So that is our week and our weekend in review.  Since we are not planning on getting recital pictures I want to take the girls out to take pictures of them in their outfits so hopefully those pictures will be coming soon.

No comments: