Sunday, June 15, 2014

Update



It’s time for another post.  So today is father’s day.  I have to say that 2 weeks ago the bishop called me and asked me to speech for father’s day.  He wasn’t really specific on what he wanted me to talk about… just the role of the father.  Well I have to admit this is probably one of my hardest holidays b/c my father isn’t here anymore.  So as I was preparing it I was truly dreading what I was going to say and not crying.  The thought really made me want to cry b/c I didn’t know what route to take.  Sometimes being given free range truly makes it harder.  Well you will be happy to know that I got through my entire talk without one tear shed.  I don’t even thing I got weepy in my voice.  So I was really excited.  I ended up taking 20 minutes which I thought was pretty good. 

So father’s day is pretty low key.  Tait asked for fiesta lime chicken, which I haven’t had true success in making this at home.  This is usually an Applebee’s dish that we both get… so I able to get it pretty close.  I even got Maya to get 3 pieces.  This is HUGE for me… she never likes what I cook.  We are doing Pizza for dinner so again pretty low key.  I took the kids to the park to give him a break.  He enjoyed himself I think.  He was able watch the master’s so I think he was digging it.  Tait, Nikolai, and I all fell asleep.  The girls kept watch over the house… we were all down stairs so there was no threat. 

So I have to say I’m kind of stuck.  My house stinks.  These 5 cats are slowing taking over my house and I can’t stand it.  I listed the 3 kittens online and of course I have had NO response for them.  I don’t know what to do but I can’t stand it.  Tait is constantly complaining about changing the cat boxes.  Since we have so many we have to change it like every other day.   I said I would like to just put them outside permanently and of course Tait does not love that b/c we live close to a busy road and he doesn’t want them to be killed and we have to bury them.  So if any one has any ideas on how to combat cat smell… I’m open for suggestions. 

Another piece of interesting information… is I was contacted by Wabash DCS for a position for them… I’m supposed to interview for them.  I have to say I’m a little nervous and wondering if this is the path I should choose.  I don’t know… I guess we’ll cross the path when we get here… but that’s kind of where I’m at… I had my evaluation at work and it went really well.  I have a few things to work on but pay is always a concern for my life… I mean I make beans… but to switch jobs means yes a pay raise but it comes with a lot more stress.  And I’m going to have 4 children… do I want that kind of stress….  I don’t know…  I guess I will have to make that decision after I interview. 
So that’s life I guess… still moving… still growing…

The baby is doing great… my gut is telling me it’s going to be a girl.  We have a name picked out Odessa Layne.  My skin is breaking out like CRAZY.  I can’t stand it…  I did get my hair cut… I was trying to grow it out… but couldn’t do it… I just don’t do long hair… it just doesn’t appeal to me…  I don’t mind a little length… but shorter works more for my style.

Maya goes to Riley for testing on June 25th.  I think it should be interesting for her and us.  I don’t know what to expect or what kind of expectations to have.  But I’ll let you know what we find out. 

Lehna dropped 20 lbs this spring.  She was so excited.  She saw her dance pictures and said “I think the camera is making me fat.”  So I just have to keep encouraging her to stay active. 

Nikolai is still our little escape artist… it’s driving me insane.  I took the kids to the park today and I was following Nikolai up to the concession stand… he went around the corner… and was GONE!  I was following the kid for goodness sakes!  So I went around the building and he must have just gone around the building and went back to the park… but I grabbed his hand and we were off home… I can’t get him to understand that he can’t run off it’s driving me nuts!!! 
So that’s life… 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I bet the talking in front of everyone on Father's Day was extremely hard for you. Thats awesome that you were able to hold it together and get it done :) I know your Dad is smiling down on you <3

Good luck with the testing. Hopefully you all can get some answers to help her in school more.

What would your position at DCS be? Is it a lot more money? I would definitely weigh the pros and cons for sure. I still need to figure out "what I want to be when I grow up" lol

I feel you about the weight issue. Aubs has always been chunky. I am hoping this summer she will shed some of the extra weight (myself too). It's so hard.

I hope you can figure out a way to keep Nikolai from running away. It's definitely going to be a HUGE challenge once the new little one is here. Will he wear one of those bookbag/leash type things? Thats the only thing that would work with BJ (although his was just a wrist thing and not nearly as cute as what they have out now).

Stephanie said...

Sarah,
It's an investigator position. It's WAY more money. It's a $7 pay raise so well worth the change. We have a book bag lease thing that we just got for him but he's running away when we are at the park which is more difficult for him to have it on b/c he is playing when he just takes off... he just has no fear of being forgotten or missing.