Thursday, August 01, 2013

10 years Since you left

It has been 10 years since my dad was called home.  I have to tell you it's been a crazy fast 10 years.  I miss him all the time.  It's funny now that our children are school age children all I want to do is see how they are doing compared to other kids and it's like I don't have that option any more.  Even though I know that I have other teachers in the family.   I truly wish that my dad could have held his grand kids in his arms here on earth, but I KNOW that he did it before he came to the earth.  I just wish I could have seen the joy in his eyes when I got married, or gave birth to the kids, or even just playing a game together as a family.  I was looking through old pictures yesterday and I was trying to find some for this update and it was interesting to me how many pictures we have him just goofing off like sticking out his tongue or waving his hands crazy.  I guess that's how I remember him too in his mind.  It's sad to think that he has such a short life and I know that he would have given anything to have it longer, but that wasn't in his plan.  I know that he is always here with us and I feel his presence a lot.  The girls ask questions a lot about him and I try to tell him all of the things that he used to do and say.  Lehna gets really sad and says that she wishes she could have met him.  I told that she did before we came to the earth.  I just want to keep his memory alive and share with you today a couple of pictures that I liked.  

The first picture is I call it, "dad's pose"  I can remember him a lot sitting over a table working on something... puzzles, grading papers, sewing clothes, or even reading the newspaper... so this really brings back memories of him




The second picture is of course his classic school picture.  The lucky this is since he was a teacher I have several pictures of him from every year.  I don't think a lot of people have that of their parents. 




And the third and final is his obituary.  It's hard to sum up a guy like my dad.  He was a great father.  He loved being with us and sharing time with us.  I should have taken advantage of the time we had, if I would have known it was going to be so short...  I really miss him a lot and this summary of his life doesn't do him justice.  Trust me he was a good person. 



Well it's time to end this little segment of remembering the life of my father.  I will always love him and I will continue to miss him. 

No comments: