Friday, August 09, 2013

Update and news

Well the updates on my is I tore my ACL on Sunday due to the trampoline.  The MRI results were that it's completely gone and they will have to replace it with a cadaviers... which the idea... yuck.  I'm schedueld for reconstructive surgery next Wednesday.  I have been put on hold with all my workouts for "several months"  I'm really disappointed.  But what can I do my freaking body just wants to be fat... no I knwo that's not true but I'm just frustrated right now.  I'll update more about this soon enough.

The girls are getting ready for school.  Thanks to my grandmother's school supply closet we only have two bottles of glue, expo markers, and two backpacks to get then they are set!  So Yippee to that.  We are planning on taking them school clothes shopping this weekend.  I'll probably use the wheel chair just to help me getting around.  The girls are all registered and ready to go.  Maya and Deklyn are going to be in the same class, which I think will be really fun for them.  I'm a little worried about behavior but hopefully it won't be too bad :)  Who am I kidding right?  LOL  Lehna is starting to get anxious about school but hopefully she will be okay once she gets there and relaxes. 

This week she was in the Denver Pageant...  she didn't win and was sad.  She looked beautiful but it wasn't in the cards for her.  She said she hates pageants now so hopefully that "spell" is now over.  I explained to her that 10 other little girls didn't win either so there's nothing to be sad over.  She said it's b/c she didn't wear a dress and I told her that that truly didn't have a thing to do with it.  So let's hope that we can close this chapter of her life. 

Nikolai and the girls have been going to a babysitter this week.  It's been great for Nikolai there's another boy that's his age there that he gets to play with and he has really enjoyed playing with them.  The girls have been going but this will be there last week.  I don't think she enjoys the older children as much as the older children.  I think they have been a little much for her.  Nikolai does enjoy going there however so we will continue to use her for his care.  He likes playing with the other little boy and it seems to be a good match. 

It's Denver Days right now in Denver which means that there is a small carnival set up downtown and there will be a parade on Saturday.  Maya will be in the parade b/c of her winning the pageant in June.  They told all the contestants that were in the pageant for Denver that they can be in the parade if they choose.  Sam asked Lehna if she wanted to be in the police car and she is deciding if she wants to or not.  We went up to the carnival last night and it's just a little strip of places to eat and carnival rides.  Helen's family is coming up this weekend to watch the parade and go up town.  It will end Sunday. 

So that's life right now.  I'm hobbling along and ready for my leg to be healed.  I have some time before that happens but that's life in the fast lane I guess.

No comments: