Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Article Review

So I have some time so I thought that I would write yet another update. I don’t have a lot of new things to add as I just updated yesterday... so I thought that I write about an article I read. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/scientists-want-to-bring-some-animals-back-from-extinction-211102151.html


So first let me say that Yahoo is not the most “news worthy” of sources. They have crap on the website all the time about celebrities or tips that no one would ever use, etc., that quite frankly I think just fills up the space on Yahoo. I read different things on there sometimes and just shake my head, but I read this article and again with a shaking head kind of was thinking... this is a bad idea.

So the jest of the article is that Scientist would like to bring back some animals that are extinction. They are creating a list of animals that they would like to try to bring back with the helping of cloning and DNA breeding and whatever. Not a scientist so I don’t understand the how they are planning on doing it to make it happen. It raises a couple of concerns however, during the movie Jurassic Park one of the lines that was made was, you know these animals have millions of years between us and humans, don’t you think there was a reason for that? I mean one of the lines in the article was discussing about which animals to bring back was because of human desire to have them back; I mean really this is a reason why we should bring them back. I mean I desire to have chocolate milkshakes all the time, but that isn’t exactly the thing that I should do. I don’t think this is going to be possible to do, and I am truly hopeful that it won’t happen. But it just has me a little concerned that this is what we spend our time researching... I mean I can understand preservation and saving the things that we have... but a Saber tooth tiger? Really? This is what we need to bring back? And why... b/c we desire to do so? Hum I don’t think that’s a good enough reason. And what did we learn from Jurassic Park? Did any of those scientists watch that movie, b/c they might want to? I mean that is a perfect example of humans intervening and recreating something that has already passed it’s time on this earth. Do I think that it supposed to go and be extinct? Hum yep I do. I think that we all of have our “time limits” on this earth and it’s extrinsic for a reason, if that was b/c of human interference or the ice age or whatever the reason... why are we messing with this? I don’t know it just doesn’t sound too smart to me. I think we could be spending more time researching that could be deemed as useful rather than wasting time on this. So again... just my opinion... but a little concerning.

No comments: