Monday, March 25, 2013

A weekend in review

Another update so soon? How could it be? Yes I know sometimes I surprise even myself. It has been an interesting last couple of weeks. It seems like work has been slow. I know its b/c I have trained someone to do the court services position and that is where the work I was doing is now going. It’s crazy sometimes they are way over staffed and other times we are way UNDER staffed. It’s just a roller coaster I guess. So as I updated on my last post they have finally posted the position that I have been doing for the last 8 months. I have already submitted my application for the position and it will be closing on March 28th. After that point they will set up interviews for the position, unless they decided to move forward with just me, than they will of course interview me for the position, b/c you have to have an interview in order to qualify. So I guess by the end of April we will know one way or the other what is going to be happening with my job. I mean I will either be here or I won’t. There really isn’t any other way to explain it. So than what will happen is I will go back on the Temporary list and depending on where I land will determine where I end up again. So that’s worse case scenario of course.


So this weekend we are going to go south to Indiana. We are excited we haven’t been there in awhile. Maya of course is really excited about going to Indiana. She has missed her cousin and is really excited about being with her. The girls’ birthdays are this weekend. They are going to be 8 and 6; it’s hard to believe that I have an 8 year old already. Lehna will soon be baptized. We are planning on talking with my family to see if they have any interest in coming up for Lehna’s baptism and if they do getting that scheduled. Last Friday we talked with the missionaries about baptism and they gave Lehna the questions that the bishop will go over with her and she knew everything except a couple of things. So we are going to be working with her on that and getting her scheduled. She only needs a brush up on two different things the Word of Wisdom and what it means to have a living Prophet on this earth. She actually knows what word of wisdom she just didn’t know that’s what it was called. So just a few things and we should be set, I’m going to get her interview scheduled so we can start getting that taken care of and then move from that point.

This weekend we got Lehna’s ears pierced. She really did really well for her ear piercing. She was above and beyond great. She was VERY nervous getting her to sit in the chair was a challenge. The lady we went with was sooooo good with her. She distracted her by having her look at the different earrings and let her pick them out and then sat her down and we talked a little bit about her birthday and then Lehna wanted to see the phone and while Lehna was distracted by the phone, she got the piercing gun ready. Then she talked to Lehna about the phone and was doing that... Then Lehna relaxed a little bit than she took her ear and Lehna tensed up a lot and so Lehna asked if she could have the other ear done first. So she did and so she told Lehna, let’s just do one and see what you think, and if you don’t want the other one that’s fine. So she did finally let her do it... and of course Lehna goes “no don’t do the other one” than we both said... well you have one done you have to do the other one... you can’t just have one. LOL so they did the other ear. It was good. She did great. She really loves her new earrings and she’s so excited about them.

Maya my little blue bird is as challenging as ever. She truly is just a crazy little girl. She seriously is such a different child compared to my other kiddos. It’s funny a coworker and I were talking about daycares and structure and etc. And I was telling her that my Maya has her own rules. We were talking about how daycares are great for working parents. That they really create an atmosphere of where things are structured and they have snack and homework time and etc. And how that is great for parent’s b/c they know that their children are having their regular activities and getting things done that they can’t get accomplished b/c of their work schedules. Well she was telling me about her son how at the same time that daycares are GREAT for parents... they can be the worst thing for kids. B/c you may have a child that isn’t a Snack time/play time kid. Instead they maybe let’s lay in front of the TV for a couple of hours TV and they don’t want to have snack time at snack time. This is my Maya to a T. She is forced in to routine and schedule b/c we have to have this b/c of working but man she is definitely my child. She doesn’t like routine and schedules she is very free will. We have the girls enrolled in Awana which is kind of like a bible study meets – girl scouts and well let’s just say that by the time the day is over from CLC – School – CLC- Awana she is tired... and is done listening and done with structure. It’s simply too much for her. We have gotten to the point of when it’s time to go to Awana if she doesn’t want to go we don’t make her, it’s just too much structure and it’s simply not her thing.

Nikolai what a card. He is just such a cutie pie and just rolls with the flow. The last two weeks have been kind of strange with our daycare situation b/c the lady that has been watching Nikolai has been unable to take care of him due to family illness. She is supposed to return taking care of him on Wednesday. Well we have had him at a church member’s home to play; we have had him at a daycare here in our building that has “drop in” available, but not all the time. So it has been just interesting getting him watched and etc. So today when he went to the daycare he literally just took off he didn’t care that we were dropping him off somewhere else he just was ready to play. So it’s been good that he is just so easy going. He just loves playing with his sisters and his sisters love playing with him. Maya plays with him the most and seems to get aggravated with him the easiest it’s usually “Nikolai don’t touch my toys” b/c he has taken interest in something she is playing with. However it is apparent that if she would teach him how to play with her than it would be better but we are a working progress.

Well that’s life as we know it right now. Nothing too exciting but we are still making it.

No comments: