Friday, November 02, 2012

Time has a way to make you Change





Well Time is a funny thing. It never stands still, and again we are going to be faced with some more changes. Sometimes change is much needed, hence why our family moved to Kenosha... but sometimes change is more painful and sometimes even EXPENSIVE. But whatever the reason for change is... time will make you because again it never stands still.




Our little family of seven, including Tait's parents, is going to be changing. For the last three years we have had the opportunity to live together with Tait's parents, there has been really good times. The stress of moving to a new city and starting new jobs was wonderful knowing that we had a strong family foundation with Helen watching our kiddos on a daily basis and a lot of our run of the mill chores were taking care of while we were at work. Well due to some changes in Helen & Tim's life they are moving back to Indiana soon, very soon. So we have had a week of ups and downs. Change is always hard especially when we have had the luxury of not having our kiddos in daycare and living in our house that we have lived in for the past 3 years. Well with all of the impending changes we have had a stressful week. They told us on Monday that their plan was to move back to Indiana and we figured we had some time, but they want to move by Thanksgiving. We are hoping that they will not rush this and actually stay past thanksgiving but it's been stressful the new adjustment and idea of change.



So this week we have been VERY busy little beavers looking for daycare for our little man. We have found daycare! I meet this lady online, through craigslist, I know I know it's such a risk but we have meet and I really think that this is going to be a great move for our little man. Right now she has openings because her children she had been watching for the past 6 years moved up to kindergarten and so she now has some openings. I really liked her she is a very sweet woman and I feel that the Nikolai will be great for each other. She has a little boy right now that is the same age as Niki so he will have some socialization... the best part is she is willing to take the girls afterschool as well and not charge a million dollars for them, so it's really going to be a good move. It will be a big adjustment for Nikolai since he has really been used to being at home so this will be a change but I think it's going to be a really good move for him.



We were worried about being able to stay in our home, but we have found that we will be able to stay in our current home, which is GREAT news to me. I was really worried that we were going to have to move but we are going to make a few changes to some of our "luxuries" and that will help allow us to stay in our home. The thought of moving seriously made me ill so this is such a great thing. We also calculated the costs of moving and seriously it is the same to stay here. The girls are very excited about us not having to move. Maya this week has been really worried when we were looking at one of houses and she kept saying, but I really don't want to move. So we told her we would be able to stay in our house and she was over the moon happy about it. So this is a new change, 100% new but I'm really looking forward to our new adventure being in our current home and getting buddy in a routine and starting out again new and fresh. We learned some things while living with Tim and Helen and so we are going to try to keep things alive between Tait and me and still get the time for each other, having three children makes that difficult but we have learned that it's so very important.



So this is life. It has to do with time and change. It's been extremely stressful let me tell you, but the horizon looks so much brighter and we are looking forward, never backward.



So that is the major changes right now. Other than that the report of "other things" really isn't that exciting.



Nikolai is a certified couch potato he wants to sit and watch his Thomas videos. He loves trains and the Disney Car toys. He has traded his red "Lightning McQueen" for Emily the train. He carries her everywhere and he tries to make the sounds of a train "whoooo whooooo" but it's like the sound of a baking dog so almost a "woof woof" sound it's very cute. He still doesn't say much, but he doesn't have to. He is used to being catered too, so this will be HUGE for him this change. I'm kind of glad because I'm hoping this will inspire him to want to talk. He will make sounds like Maaa Maaaa, Daaaa but he won't really put them at all when you say, who am I, but he defiantly understand he knows who we all are, if you point and ask where someone is he he will point and say "riiii ther" but still doesn't want to say much. I did ask the doctor about it and he said not to worry. Boys are typically slower in speaking and the normally just don't have the interest in talking. He said that we need to "pick a date" and if he isn't speaking more by such and such date than we will set an appointment for a speech therapist. I don't know if he necessarily needs a speech therapist but I would be nice for him to talk more. He just doesn't really have an interest. His doctor feels that one day he'll just start talking just because that's pretty typical. But if I remember right I know Maya didn't really say much either, and I remember her learning to say Lehna and that type of thing, I just wish he wanted to talk more or would talk more, but I'm sure one day it will be the opposite. He is VERY curious and can figure out things quickly, such as the safety locks on the doors, that he knows how to do very easily.



Lehna, she is definitely my student. She is by far the most interested in school and the one that tries her hardest in school. She gets GLOWING remarks from her teachers about how wonderful she does in school. She is starting to read more and more, but I have to tell you they are supposed to do 15 minutes of out loud reading to a parent every night and that is wearing on my nervous... I know its HORRIBLE isn't that I feel that way, but my patient level is tested. I'm trying to get Tait to rotate with me every other day, but I'm typically the homework person. I know it's only temporary b/c the more she reads the faster her vocabulary will grow and she will be able to read more on her own only asking for help every once and awhile, it just is really hard for me. She does a great job though she normally can read an entire page (in a chapter book) by herself but may struggle with one or two words on the second page. I just want her to be able to comprehend what she's reading and we have been reading this Junnie B book, which is a cute book and she laughs as she reads it, so I'm assuming she comprehends it...



Maya, oh my little Maya. She is doing okay in school I do worry her about the most in school as far as paying attention and listening to the teacher. I have sent in a couple of notes to see how she’s doing and I haven’t gotten any notes saying she is doing badly in Kindergarten. I understand that she is just a normal 5 year old. So I guess that is all I can ask for is a normal kiddo who struggles with the normal things. She does like to color. This girl could color for days and not be affected by anything around her. She loves it! All summer she carried around a notebook with a pen and that was her entertainment all summer, drawing in her book. She is just the sweetest little girl. She has a mind of her own and she’s very much her own little individual. She has the personality of a cat, is the best way to describe it to be honest with you. She wants to be in the center and attention and play and than other times she is totally fine coloring in her book or playing with her little Disney princesses. She has the most personality of all three of my children. She definitely is a free spirit and she’s not afraid to share it with you.



Well that’s the update of the kiddos and our home life. Like I said there is a lot of change around the corner and the kids are being bounced around and I feel very badly for them, but I know this is all for the best. We just have to hang onto each other and adjust and figure out how all of this is going to go down.

No comments: