Monday, November 12, 2012

The HAIR CUT!

Okay so on Friday I took the girls to go get their hair cut at the lady we always go to. Well Maya went first and she was back there a good 20 minutes and came back with a wedge style hair cut… so I was looking over her hair and Emily (beautician) said that she did a dry cut on her b/c Maya doesn’t like to sit still, and wanted to get her in and out very quickly b/c Maya’s attention span is really not too good. So I was fine with that. And she said that if I thought she needed some touch ups just to stop by and she would get those touch ups for me. I said okay. So as I was looking over her hair as we waiting for Lehna to get done, the more and more I really just wasn’t too sure about Maya’s hair cut. It kind of looked strange on her… not bad just strange. But I thought it was because it was new and the more I saw it the more I would like it… well that didn’t happen. The more I looked at it the more I didn’t like it…


On Saturday the kids were going up to my parents for the night because Tait and I had an adult’s only wedding reception to go to so we needed a sitter. So the girls took a shower and as I was brushing Maya’s hair I decided that I was going to cut it. I didn’t have time to take her to get it done at the hair place so I thought that I would section it and do it really slow and since it was wet that would help. So Maya was watching television and I told her that I was going to cut her hair and she was fine with it. So I sectioned out the hair and started at the back since that is where it was its shortest and started cutting. The first side went pretty smoothly I felt like it was good. The other side… well not so much it was more all the same length verses the other side. So I did the best job that I could and sent her on her way. It doesn’t look terrible but it doesn’t look professional either. So while she was gone on Saturday I set up an appointment to get her hair FIXED on Wednesday. We will go back to Emily so she can even out what I did. Like I said it’s not terrible but it’s not professional either. I do feel badly however as to how to explain why I did what I did. I really don’t want to say b/c I just didn’t like the hair cut you gave her. So I’ll have to think of another excuse before then. But here are her pictures.


 Just FYI we do not have our Christmas tree up, this was at sears that Lehna took of Maya.  They were trying NOt to to be bored while we shopped.




Lehna on the other hand has really wanted her hair cut in a pixie cut. I told her that if she gets it cut that short that there is no going back she will have to wait a long time for it to grow out. Well she really wanted it short like that and so when we went to get her hair cut I told her to pick out a picture in one of the book that was there and we would agree on. So she brought up a picture and I told her no b/c the hair cut was really strange… but then I suggested another hair cut that she kind of liked and the more she looked at it the more she liked it so she went with the new hair cut. So Emily took her back and cut her hair. I think her hair cut is super cute and Lehna seems to really like it so I guess that is all I can ask for.





This weekend was kind of different not having kiddos around on Saturday afternoon and Sunday. It was kind of nice eating a warm lunch and not having to get up 500 times to serve the children. We went to a coworker’s house before we went to the actual reception and that was fun hanging out with them. You can tell however that this group of friends has had a long history together because they were talking about stories that we weren’t part of and so that was kind of awkward since we didn’t have anything to put forth but it was fine. The wedding reception was good to. The couple had gotten married in Disney World in Florida in August so this was their reception. They served appetizers and had an open bar for a little bit. They did run out of food that was a little strange. The bride and groom didn’t get to eat, they said that they were going to be bringing pizza so the bride and groom was going to eat that. They also didn’t have a traditional wedding cake, instead they had cupcakes. Which was kind of interesting because the didn’t serve each other cake or anything like that. So it was not a traditional reception, but it was nice at least we were included.

On Sunday we did some housework so that was exciting. The kids were gone and we did laundry and dishes. We also went to the grocery store that was super fun without kids. We needed just a few things to start Niki at the babysitter this week.

Niki went to the babysitter this morning. He really was interested in playing with their two puppy dogs they really enjoyed that. And they were getting ready to have breakfast. So I know that eventually he will really enjoy going there. Today was easy drop off b/c he was distracted by the dogs so tomorrow might be the challenge. He’ll know that I’m not staying, verses today I got to sneak out. The girls will start going there after school today as well so Tait will get them about 4 pm just before we pick them up a little later. This week we are picking them up from school and taking them to daycare but after this week the baby sitter will pick them up from school. We wanted an opportunity for the girls to get to know Monica and her daughter Marissa since that is whom will be picking them up, we didn’t want them to not know what they looked like. 

So we are changing changing changing around here. We are learning new routes and figuring things out. I’m working on my menu for thanksgiving and getting that already ready for our guests. I’m very excited about that! I’m trying to think of some fun things for all of us to do for the weekend. So any local residents that have any ideas let me know.

So enjoy your week and hopefully I’ll update soon!

No comments: