Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Adventures of the Babysitter

Well yesterday was the start of the changes for my children. They started going to a babysitter. Niki did great yesterday. Monica said that the only time her cried is when she tried putting him down for a nap. At first he went right to sleep with just a few sucks on his bottle. Then when she tried to lay him down he woke up… so she said she went back to rocking him again and this time she fell asleep in the chair with him. She said she woke up 15 minutes later and tried to lay him down again and he woke up. She said she let him cry for 1 minute and than he was out. So nap time was the only time he even made a peep. She said he was so quiet and so such a sweet little boy.


Lehna said she had fun at the babysitters and she did all of her homework… well I looked at her stuff and not all of her homework is completed. But at least she started it anyway. She said she had a good time there and was excited about going back.

Maya on the other hand was a different story. When I came in Maya said that the dog bit her. I looked at Monica and asked what had happened and Monica said that she wasn’t sure what exactly happened. She said they were in the living room and then Maya came in the kitchen saying the dog bit her. Monica said that she isn’t really sure b/c the dog is very sweet and wouldn’t bite. So I told her I would find out more to the story. So I find out later that Maya was rubbing the dog’s belly when she started to rub his paw. She then said she pinched his paw and that is the when the dog nipped at her. There was no bite marks or anything of that nature but I think it scared her more than anything. So Maya and I had to talk about the importance of being respectful to the dog and not pinching the dog. Maya is stating she refuses to go back to the babysitter but I explained that she would be returning and if she was nice to the dog… the dog would be nice to her. So that was the only issue we had yesterday so overall not too bad just had to get her over this dog thing. I think Maya is feeling some guilt over the issue which is why she is acting like she doesn’t want to go back, but she will adjust and I told Monica that too. I’m sure that they will become good friends eventually.

So it was a good day. We came home to Spanish hot dog sauce that was cooking in the crock pot… so it was a good day. Tonight Tait is making Lasagna in the crock pot. I am hoping it will be good. It looks pretty simply but we’ll see 

The kids by the time we came home from work were WOUND up they were just bouncing off the walls they were just so happy and excited about life. So that was kind of crazy. We played on the floor for a little bit than Lehna had some extra energy and wanted to play Dance 3 so I had a dance off with her. This went fine until I beat her and then she threw a fit and spent some time in her room. But overall it was a good evening. It should be an interesting change with the new routine and getting the kids going.

The next two days I have to take kids to the dentist appointments. The girls are going today and then Niki goes tomorrow. I’m hoping that it won’t take too long. But basically that’s all I have for now… I know I’m not very exciting but this is a daily update verses a weekly update and seriously just not that much happens. I will work on taking more pictures however b/c I think that would be good to add 

No comments: