Monday, June 08, 2009

A quick Pause Check and I can tell you I AM ALIVE.

I know I know I have been seriously lacking in attention to my blog. I think the major reason for this is… well laziness and secondly… hum… laziness. I know I know you can only do laziness for so long… and today I have decided to kick my lazy butt into shape.

I am still holding steady at my weight loss which is incredibly disappointing… that means that I will hit my year mark in two months and my total loss is only 35 lbs.… which is good but seriously I was hoping it would be closer to 70 lbs.… I think the little 3-month “break” this year didn’t help my cause. But I am back on the train. Tait and I have been walking every morning for an hour and when I get up I usually go down and do palates or ii fit for a little bit. But still the plateau is still there. I think my diet needs some work again. B/c that has been kind of bad… so that’s where it’s all coming from… (sigh) oh well at least I didn’t gain all the weight back… that’s something… right? I know I know I’m searching for victories.

So some news… News News News who’s got the news… oh okay. I did accept a job it doesn’t start until July so I’m enjoying my last month with the kiddos. Helen has agreed to watch the girls for the first 3 months and then after that they will go to daycare. I told Lehna when we moved that she wouldn’t have to go to school until I got a job then once I told her I got a job she has a look of HORROR on her face and asks very shyly “does that mean I have to go back to school?” and I told her that she doesn’t have to go for 3 months… I told her not until Turkey day… so she was happy about that. And I think it will be good for her… to get back into school and whatever daycare we sign her up in will hopefully have preschool to get her ready for kindergarten… it’s so sad to think that our kiddos are almost school age. It seems like they were babies just months ago…

We have settled into our homestead for now. We have been doing so much with our kiddos it’s really been a ton of fun. It’s amazing how much more there is to do here and how much we have been getting around. We have gone to visit Mom and Terry twice so far and we are planning a BIG trip with everyone at the end of the July which I CAN’T wait for it will be SOOOOO much fun.

We had some guests over last week. Tanna and her children, plus Camryan came for a 4-day visit. Tanna just had a baby two weeks ago and wanted to come up to visit us. She had a little BOY by the way. I was on pins and needles to find out what she was going to have… but a little boy. His name is Courtlen Brooks he’s a cutie pie and is really super long. But just a really sweet baby, he’s not too demanding so far anyways. The girls LOVED having everyone here and it was nice having the house busy.

News on church front I don’t remember if I blogged about this yet or not… but Tait and I were called as scout leaders in the cub scouts… we are called “den leaders” technically but it’s an interesting calling to say the least. At least both Tait and I get to work together and plan and get to interact with the kiddos… it’s crazy for me b/c I’m used to girls so having the boys is really different. They are a handful to say the least very active… we have the 8 & 9 year old group and I have to say that there is a MAJOR difference in behavior and ability between 8 & 9 that I have noticed so far it’s truly amazing… who would have thought a year would be so different… so we are doing our cub scout thing.

So we are pasted the settling in stage and now getting into our weekly routines. I really have enjoyed staying home with the girls. The job search has been going and I think I’ll like the position that I have accepted it’s a company I worked in in Lafayette so at least I know what the company does. So who knows we’ll give it a whirl and see what happens.

Well that’s life right now… we do something fun every weekend…? This past weekend we went to see up in the Movie Theater it was an incredibly SWEET movie… not what I expected but sweet. I cried… LOL I know silly but I did. The girls enjoyed the movie too… Maya fell asleep halfway through… but Lehna enjoyed it. Then we went to Chuckie Cheese Lehna didn’t mind going b/c the Mouse went away and she convince herself that the mouse was “trapped” and couldn’t get her… I tired to explain to her that the “mouse” she was seeing was just the electronic moving mouse but she didn’t understand and she relaxed after she thought he was trapped so I didn’t push the envelope any b/c I didn’t want to have to sit and have her cry the entire time.

But anyways that’s life right now… I totally wish I could get pictures off my camera b/c it would be a lot more enjoyable… but oh well…

No comments: