Monday, June 15, 2009

Update in Mid-June

Isn't that crazy that it's mid June already! Mercy this year is flying by it's totally crazy. Well we had a pretty busy weekend so I wanted to blog about it.

We had guests! Marcus and Jackie came up to get the Dryer that we aren't using right now and there's was lost in the flood. That's the reason they came up but I cooked up a storm and invited Terry and Mom down for some much needed grandparent - grand kiddo time. I think that they really enjoyed seeing the kids.

I made a ham. It was pretty tasty I have to say myself there is just a little bit b/c we have been eating on it all weekend. And then the standard Mac N Cheese and Potato bake it was very tasty. I spend a lot of the morning in the kitchen on Saturday b/c I was asked to make 4 dozen cookies for Sunday so I had to whip those out on Saturday morning then make more for everyone to enjoy. So it was a good time.

Jackie took the her kiddos to the same place I got the girls' pictures taken and she got some REALLY cute shots of the kids. I saw them posted on Facebook this morning they aren't up on her blog yet... but I'm sure they will come.

It was nice having everyone over for lunch. M & J just came for the day and Mom and Terry went home after lunch but it was a lot of fun. So thanks for coming over! I hope you had a good time. I tired my best to convince them to spend the night... but they didn't :( But they are coming up the end of August so they will spend the night then... and I know the girls will LOVE spending time with them again.

On Sunday after church we had promised the girls we would take them to the beach if they were good at church and Lehna just about lost her beach trip but she put her good Lehna on and was MUCH better. So we headed to the beach. It was soooooo much fun. We brought a bunch of sand toys and buckets and stuff like that and I played in the sand I had a GREAT time... LOL Lehna and Tait pretty much stayed in the water, and Maya went back in forth between us it was fun. By the time we left Maya & Lehna were SOAKING wet and sandy from HEAD TO TOE... it was horrible... since Tait and I failed to bring... oh Towels OR another change of clothes... so we had water in water bottles and we rinsed them off and stripped Maya down to a new diaper and Lehna down to Tait's tee shirt and panties and headed home. I think next time I'll put the kids in the BATHING suits and bring towels (more water) and another change of clothes... b/c that was quite the adventure... once we got home it was straight into the shower... and they were COVERED in sand... it was a good time though at least I think they had a good time. They have already asked to go back and as long as the weather stays nice we will go again and again.

I love the temps in Wisconsin it is seriously 70 degrees it's WONDERFUL you know too cold to swim but warm enough to just enjoy the sun... it's fabulous... Indiana has been in the mid 80s so I'm glad that I'm not having to endure that... LOL f

I have been making lots of friends here and I'm really loving that. I was invited to chocolate party... that was fun... and I'm making lots of friends so I'm so excited about that. Oh and another cool thing is our house goes on the market THIS week! so hopefully it will be bought and that will be ONE less monkey on our back... I hope... we have been praying so hopefully it will all work out.

Okay that's all I got... I don't think we have many plans for this weekend... just enjoying the kiddos, feeding the missionaries, and relaxing... I love that.

No comments: