Thursday, July 05, 2007

Week Update

Well I wanted to take a moment to update my blog. I had a few minutes to spare and I didn’t what I had to say to get age on it… b/c I hate that.

Okay so last Friday I go out to my car at lunch to put my check in the bank and I try to start the car and the darn thing won’t turn over. So I’m like GREAT! So I called Tait to let him know the good news about the stupid car and to try to figure out how I was going to get home. The last time my car broke my coworker suggested a car place here in Lafayette to take it to she said they do a great job and they have never had any problems with them. So I called the car place to see if they would tow it to them and they did. So I waited for Tait to come pick me up and he brought our girls into the office since he was a little early. When they got here Tait suggested that I take Lehna to the potty b/c she mentioned about having to go in the car. So I took her back to the bathroom and of course she states that she doesn’t need to go. So I didn’t want to push the issue I know that they are VERY sensitive at this point when it comes to going to potty and I don’t want to ‘damage’ any progress we have been making. So I didn’t make her go. Well that was my first mistake. I was getting my purse and Tait goes “well I guess Lehna did have to go to the potty” and I walk around the counter and Lehna has pottied on the floor and she was then standing in a big puddle starting to cry. I told her that it was okay and I told her to just stand there for a second and Lehna states that ‘she has to go potty’ I was like Lehna you just WENT potty. So I got some cleaner (of course it wasn’t quite 5 yet so EVERYONE was still in my office) and I start to clean up after my daughter and then here comes the SECOND mistake. Well we used to have diapers for Lehna in the car but apparently we have used them all up. B/c we went to get one and there were NO diapers… nor did have panties nor did I have a clean pair of shorts for her.

So we do what any crazy parents would do. We laid her down and put Maya’s diaper on her… of course they didn’t fit so we had to TAPE the diaper to her so it would stay shut. After we did that I then put a blanket around her so no one could see how I had to make adjustments… Tait jokingly suggested we go out to eat at Logan’s I just rolled my eyes and told him I thought it wasn’t such a good idea!

Once we got home I was going to take Lehna’s diaper off and put her in panties she wanted to wear them. This was my THIRD MISTAKE. We were standing in the living room and I took her diaper off and the little rotten rat starts to pee right there in the middle of the floor like she was a dog. So I raised my voice to her asking her why she did that. Tait then told me not to yell at her. So I told her I was sorry for yelling at her and I took her to the potty and we cleaned up her mess then put her in a diaper.

I have to tell you potty training I thought was going to be tough but this isn’t what I expected it to be. She is really doing well with the whole potting trying I mean we could have a lot more problems and she really seems to be getting the idea of it we just keep having accidents. She wants to wear the panties out places like church and the store and stuff and I keep putting diapers on her. I just don’t think I can trust her quite yet to make sure she doesn’t pee everywhere especially with the little display she did on Friday! She does really well at home though she wants to sit on the potty and will do it and ask and it’s great but sometimes she just gets too busy to stop to go. At daycare it’s kind of touch and go last week she had lots of accidents at the beginning of the week and then she had nothing until Friday then like yesterday she had problems at daycare but the night she did fine… so I don’t know it’s kind of touch and go. I just don’t know how to be consistent with her. If anyone has some suggestions I am open to hear them. I am truly afraid to take the child out in public since she has had a solid week in underwear yet so I won’t be doing that.

On Sunday Tait and I went to church and Maya has really been trying to talk she cooes and squeals all the time and it is the cutest thing I have ever seen. She really practices talking all the time we have tried to record it and she normally stops once the camera comes out. But I’m sure we will get it eventually. Well on Sunday Tait was sitting next to her and we were singing the song and all of a sudden Maya starts to ‘talk’ it was like she was trying to sing the song with Tait. It was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. She is really getting big FAST! I can’t believe just how much she has developed in her short little three months.

One thing I didn’t mention until now is we got all four kid’s pictures taken on Saturday at JCPenny. Tanna brought her children and we wanted to get all four together, the two girls together, then the babies separate. I have to say that getting the four all together was difficult but it wasn’t too bad we did end up with 2 pictures that we are going to use. They aren’t like the BEST PICTURES EVER but you know they are little and young so I was happy with what we got. Then we took both Deklyn and Maya and put them together… they were sooooo cute! They both pretty much cooperated for their pictures. I can’t wait to be able to scan the pictures when we get them back it will be next week so that will be fun!

On Monday night Tait and I got to have a date. We haven’t had a date in A LONG TIME. I haven’t seen a movie since the last star wars came out almost 2 years ago. So I was so excited to be able to go out to a movie. We went to see Evan Almighty and it was really FUNNY! I really enjoyed it. It was a little churchy but not too bad it wasn’t enough to totally put me off. Afterwards we had dinner it was really nice. My boss had given all of us movie cards and gift cards to a restaurant for Christmas so we basically had dinner out on my boss last night. It was really nice. It was nice not to have to fight Lehna for things and make her sit down and not to worry if Maya would break out crying at any point b/c she wanted a bottle. It was really nice. My bosses actually watched these girls. Kaity was feeling pretty bad for us since we hadn’t had a date in a while and we had to cancel the date we had originally had planned b/c Maya got sick so Kaity volunteered to watch the girls. Kaity was watching them at Chuck and Kathy’s house so I was just hoping that they were going to be good. I can’t think of anything worse then to have my two children act like monsters to my boss. But my kids did me proud Lehna was great she barely cried when we left and that was it and Maya was of course great too. They took both girls to the Columbia Zoo and the park. Lehna had such a great time. She talked about it all the way home she kept saying that she wanted to swing. Lehna really liked the petting zoo at Columbia Park she would follow the little mini horses around and would chase the chickens. So I’m glad they had such a great time.

On Wednesday of this week Tait and I took the girls to the park in Crawfordsville. Lehna loved swinging on the swings and going down the slide. This park was right next to an ice cream stand so we had some ice cream as well. Lehna wanted to dress herself so she choose for herself a very pretty long sleeved pink, red, and green sweater with her yellow cotton shorts. It was very nice. I kept explaining to people that she dressed herself when they looked at her. I had brought another shirt b/c I knew she would get REALLY hot in her sweater so as we played I asked her if she wanted to take her sweater off and put on a tee shirt and she said yes so I changed her into a shirt that actually matched her shorts and she was much cooler after that. Her little curls were getting wet b/c her head was sweating so much. After the park we went home and everyone took a short nap which was nice. We did put the girls to bed early. We decided not to get fireworks b/c all day it looked like it was going to storm and the weather said it was going to storm in the evening so we decided to pass on the fireworks. We got to hear all of the neighbor’s fireworks though they were really loud but I was able to sleep through them and so were the girls.

Lehna is in this stage of “I Do It” I mean she’s been in this stage quite a long time and since we have started potty training she has really got it BAD. She doesn’t want us to help her with anything when it’s time to potty which is kind of annoying but I’m working on my patients so that has really helped. She is kind off funny she will want you to walk down the hall with her then once she gets there she tells you to “go way” so usually I just pop into Maya’s room while I wait and then poke my head around on occasion just to make sure she’s not playing. Then I get her after she’s done so she can wash her hands and all of that stuff. It’s quite exciting I assure you. She wants to do everything herself so brushing her hair putting on her clothes EVERYTHING she wants to do herself.

Well that’s the update so far for this week. This is like a living document it always takes me a couple of days to get it finished so I always cover a few days in like a long update. So enjoy. I hope to add pictures this weekend.

No comments: