Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Sunday afternoon update!


Lehna & Maya Together!

Well a few things have happened around our home that I wanted to update.

The first little bit of news is sad but still news. Tait and I have decided that it’s time we find a new home for Molly. We have talked to an animal shelter about her and since she has a past of attacking smaller dogs they said that she wouldn’t be able for adoption. So we didn’t want to have her immediately put to sleep we wanted to see if we could find a home for her first. We have listed her on Craig’s list and we put an ad in the Crawfordsville paper about her. We are hoping to find her a new home in a month’s time period. Part of the problem with Molly is she doesn’t do well with smaller dogs. Daisy has been attacked several times and I am fearful of the girls. Usually you can see what the motivation is as far as why they “get into it” and it’s usually food motivated however this last week Molly out of the blue attacked Daisy when she was coming outside. I just don’t want to risk that type of behavior with Lehna or Maya personally I don’t think she would attack them but I just want to make sure. Hopefully we will find a home for her but if we don’t in a month’s time then we will take her to the pound to be put to sleep. It’s a hard decision but I just don’t feel like we have any other choice. Daisy is probably only going to be around for another year or so before she will need to be put to sleep so I don’t want Molly to take her aggression out on the children. So if you know of someone who is looking for a dog that doesn’t have small dogs or children let me know.


Maya in the Jump-A-Roo!

The second bit of news is College football 2008 comes out on Tuesday at 12:01! For those of you that know Tait you know this is VERY IMPORTANT to him. He will now be able to spend hours of his time devoted to adding new players and “sorting” exciting hua!!! I tease Tait b/c he knows I love him so much! Hehehehe that’s for you baby!


Maya Sitting by herself
At work I have been assigned a new ‘potential’ client. I must admit I am a little nervous about it. We don’t have the account yet but I have a lot of pressure on me to do a good job and to get them some REALLY OUTSTANDING PEOPLE! The reason why there is pressure is we had this client before and they were HUGE to us well there was a management change at the plant and they decided to go totally away from staffing companies and have recently come back. I’m very nervous about it. What is insane is my review and the call for the 16 people are all within the same week. So my Review is going to be totally awesome or it’s going to totally suck! (sigh)

Life away from work has been pretty busy. Tait and I have become more involved with our church and have accepted new callings. I was recently called to serve as the young woman’s personal progress coordinator. Basically what the means is I make sure that the girls are staying on track with their personal progress goals and get their goals accomplished by the time they graduate high school. I love being called to work with the young woman’s it’s the group I was hoping to get assigned to work with. The ward is very small so there are only a total of 12 girls that are involved with the program and out of those just over half are active members. Tait was recently called to serve as the Sunday school president for our ward. He is responsible for 5 classes and he is to make sure that each class has teachers, subs, and etc. Both callings involve time away from the family but they aren’t too bad they could be much worse. They definitely make time fly by during the week.

This coming weekend it Circus City Days. I would like to attend and take both girls to the parade and go downtown and stuff. I think it will be really fun for Lehna since went to the Strawberry festival Lehna really had a good time riding the ponies and I know that they have small rides for the children so Lehna should have a good time. Hopefully we’ll be able to go to swim while we are there b/c that would be fun too. Lehna has really started to enjoy playing in the water this summer so I know she would really enjoy it.

It’s hard to believe that his month is already half over. I just can’t believe how time is just flying by. Christmas is only 6 months away. (For those of you out there that are an early shopper) I am not an early shopper I can safely say that I’m a last minute shopper.

I would like to see the new Harry Potter Movie eventually it’s not something that I feel like I have to rush out and see like the previous movies. I am planning on getting a copy of the new book this weekend but that’s as far as my “HARRY POTTER MANIA” goes.


Big Smiles for the Week!
Well that’s my update and I hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

Bewtched said...

Although you already know this, you have some ADORABLE little girls! I love seeing the pictures.

Congratulations on your calling with the Young Women. That is my dream calling...one I have yet to have the privelage to work with. It seems like a fun and lively group.

Anyway, best of luck with your new client. I know you'll do a great job!

Love,
Sam