Tuesday, July 05, 2005

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Fourth of July! Tait, Lehna, and I had a very relaxing fourth of July, and it was WONDERFUL! I did take LOTS of new pictures this weekend so make sure you check out Lehna’s 3-4 month Photo Album! It’s hard to believe that Lehna is already 3 months old! It seems like we were just painting her room! But I digress!

This weekend we all went to Chris Roy’s house with most of Tait’s coworkers for a BBQ. It was nice being able to see Chris. She is pregnant and is expecting her baby at the end of August, but her baby will probably make an appearance early! Chris has been wanting a second child for as long as I’ve known her which has been the last 4 years! And her last child is going to be a girl! Her name is going to be Madison Michelle and I am certain she and Lehna are going to be best friends! Lehna was a bit fussy for the later part of the evening and she fell asleep quite early. I think all the fresh air wore her out. After we ate and talked they lit a campfire and the boys set off fireworks. I was only scared for a few minutes when the boys decided to put 1000 fire crackers in a sealed kitty litter bucket… it made quite a racket and the box was brightly lit from the inside from all the fireworks. Luckliy no one got hurt, and don’t worry Lehna was fast asleep in the baby swing inside the house when all of this was going on. It was interesting to say the least.

On Sunday we layed around and did nothing… I did finish all the laundry but that was about it. So I took lots and lots of pictures… Lehna is now learning to stand on her own. She has been putting pressure on her legs since she was born but now she is starting to bend down and quickly straighten her legs almost a full bounce but not quite. This is Lehna in her walker.


She is really trying to figure things out which is really cool. She was staring at her tray trying to open up her toys which she does this really cute fishy face when she’s thinking. The picture below kind of illustrates her face.


It’s really funny to watch her concentrate on things. Her hands don’t work as fast as her mind works b/c she was constantly missing the object but would then fling her hand back and catch it on the way back… which was pretty cool.

She is really doing well. I tried capturing her flipping over this weekend. But she just got really mad when I placed her on her tummy. The pictures below is her on the floor before I flipped her over on her tummy… (and she STILL won’t flip over when the camera was out)





She also has been spending a lot of her time in her exsosauser which is really fun to play with her b/c there are so many new toys for her to play with.





Her swing is no longer her favorite toy. We put her in her swing from time to time this weekend and she did not want to swing she would start to cry. But it could have just been this weekend… I’m sure they will tell me if she is like that at daycare. I think she really likes the independence of she exsosauser and walker b/c she doesn’t have to depend on mommy to hold herself up. She actually will try to pull herself into a sitting position when she is laying down flat on her back. So we do a lot of sitting her up on our knee when we hold her.

On Monday Lehna was wide awake at 5 in the morning and I was watching the news as she was taking her morning bottle and they mentioned that it was going to be very hot and humid on so after both Mommy and baby took a nap I decided to take Lehna for a walk around the big metropolis of Darlington. As you can tell from the picture below I think Lehna had a good time. There were LOTS of people out so at 8 am in morning. I was actually surprised! As I was walking towards the park there were lots of people mowing their yards and building barns… I was just thinking that they obviously don’t have the crap head neighbors that we do or they would be pounding on their door! But it was nice getting out that early in the morning…



OH so more big news about our BIG Lehna is she is now sleeping in her crib. Yep that’s right... we have made the move from bassinet to her crib surprisingly with very few problems. She is also sleeping through the night on a consistant basis, of course now that I said that she will be awake all night! But she is sleeping in her room. We turned on her little light, propped her bed, and play Enya music all night long and she just sleeps so soundly. She is quite the squimmer in bed she manages to turn herself from vertical in the bed to completely horizontal! So far every morning she’s been turned. So Tait and I are VERY proud of our little munchkin. Hopefully her success will continue as she continues to get older. So now that the baby is out of our room we now leave the door open and the cats are WELCOME back in our bedroom. Tait of course would prefer to leave them out, but I love having them sleep with us. So everynight it’s quite a battle to get in the bed but once we are there they snuggle around us. It was sad to see Lehna leave our room but it’s nice that she can make it without us being so close. She’s becoming independent and she’s not even walking yet!

Another Victory for this weekend is I managed to get Lehna’s baby books up to date and also I managed to get 12 pages of her scrap book completed. I had to stop b/c I ran out of pictures and supplies but it was GREAT being able to complete some of her pages. I need to get more paper and plastic coverings but it was GREAT getting a start on it… I just don’t want to wait another 3 months to work on it! So I will need to make a stop at Hobby Lobby and Wal-mart to get more supplies! But I’ll keep you posted on my progress.

It looks like this weekend we are going to venture down to Williamsport on Sunday afternoon for the Kennedy Family Reunion. I am going to try to take pictures if I don’t forget my camera… but I’m not making any promises! Well I hope everyone has a GREAT week and I will update you all soon!

Take care!

2 comments:

lkmanitou said...

Oh my! Lehna looks sooooo onery in that last picture!!

Stephanie said...

yep just like her UNCLES!