Monday, July 18, 2005

Another Reunion!!

Another work week has begun and I’m already wishing for the weekend. That’s probably not the best when it’s only Monday.

This past weekend Tait, Lehna and I were busy, busy, busy. I enjoy being busy but boy do I miss the times we were can just relax and watch TV. On Saturday Tait, Trent, Lehna, and I went to Indianapolis. Tait and Trent went to go watch the North vs. South High School All-Star football players.

Tait has been waiting anxiously for the new football season. He has talked of nothing else since the season ended last year. The new college football game for Play Station came out last week so Tait has been spending all of his free time, when we aren’t running around, playing his video game. There are new features and all kinds of “really” exciting things on it. But with the new game coming out, that means the football season is right around the corner. Personally it couldn’t come FAST enough. The 100 different football magazines that are scattered around the living room are starting to get torn and tattered from Tait reading them over and over. He is constantly saying that he can’t wait until football season to start. This year is going to be a lot of fun. Marcus and Jackie have purchased season tickets for the Purdue football games so we are going to be able to add them to the tailgate party! I can’t WAIT! For me Tailgating is the BEST part about the football season. I do enjoy watching the Boilermakers kick some butt but tailgating definitely makes the experience more enjoyable! While the boys went to watch the football game in the rain Lehna and I went to visit Marcus and Jackie.

Here is a picture of Tait holding Lehna while reading one of his football magazines... It looks likes she’s really into this football stuff...


Daddy, what’s football?

Jackie and I did some errands, and of course stopped at Once upon a Child and rented a movie. Jackie got Lehna a bathing suit which is SUPER cute on Lehna. I’m hoping to put the suit to use this weekend! We rented the movie In Good Company. It was a good movie but, it ended kind of sucky. Jackie played with Lehna on the floor and Marcus worked on his final. It was a good day. We also managed to get the house looking clean and organized.

On Sunday Tait, Lehna, Trent, and I all headed down to Williamsport for the Brooks Family reunion. It was a lot of fun. It was amazing to see all the little kids, and to see how much they have grown. I didn’t take a bunch of pictures but I did take a few. I also identified them so if you want to see who everyone is you will have to click the pictures. I know some of the people aren’t identified but I couldn’t really tell who was who on some of them… especially the little kids!


It was amazing to me to see how much FOOD that was there. I brought my yummy banana pudding desert but since there was SOOOOO MUCH it didn’t get finished, but I know the people that did eat it really liked it… so I’m okay with that.

So here are a few pictures from the event…





One thing that did happen at the reunion was one of the younger cousins that was there had a nasty trick played on him. They put a funnel down his pants and told him to drop a quarter, that was placed on his forehead, down into the funnel and if he did it he would get a prize. Well the kid put the quarter on his head and leaned back really far and as he did they poured Ice Cold water down his pants it was HILARIOUS. I guess they do this trick all the time… it’s kind of a family tradition… you’d think that the little kids would know, but they fall for it all the time! It was pretty funny. Most of the kids and adults went to the swimming pool for the later part of the afternoon. I brought Lehna’s swimsuit but I didn’t bring the little swimmer diapers and the only store in Attica didn’t have her size so Lehna couldn’t go swimming. Hopefully when we go to Peru this weekend we’ll be able to go to Vicki’s to swim. I know Lehna enjoys her bath time so I would imagine she would like to swim.

This coming weekend I am taking a vacation day on Friday and taking Lehna to Peru. We are going to see my Aunt Sam (who I haven’t seen since Christmas) and my mom (who I haven’t seen in about a month), so it should be a lot of fun. I know they are VERY excited to see Lehna and to be able to play with her. She has changed so much since my mom has seen her even though there are millions of pictures of Lehna she seems soooo different in person! We are going to be visiting during Circus City Days and I’m very excited about taking Lehna to the parade and to the festive downtown. I know it won’t be anything too exciting, but I know there will be LOTS of people in Peru wondering around that I haven’t seen in sooooooooo long so it will be nice to show Lehna off.

Well that’s our exciting life for now. Thank you for reading about us!

No comments: