Friday, July 05, 2013

Investigation is my Middle Name

The search for a the perfect daycare

 

So we are searching for a daycare for Nikolai when summer ends.  We have been very blessed this summer by having Don watch the kids while we are at work.  So we are looking for other options for when summer does end, as Don will be returning to school.  I joined Care.Com and was able to put a job posting online and I have had people respond to it.  We have had one interview from it so far.  I really liked her and I think she would be a good match for Nikolai, but we have two more interviews next week to see if all of the options.   We also talked to a couple of daycare facilities that we are touring next week to investigate this option as well.  I would like Nikolai to be in a facility b/c I think he would REALLY LIKE it and he would enjoy the socialization.  I think it would also help his speech development as well.  So the search will continue until we find the best fit.  The problem will be space as both locations we spoke with, although they are in our cost range, they do not have space, so they put us on the waiting list.  But both of them want us to tour.  So I don’t know if that’s just what they tell parents so they can interview them first or if they truly don’t have space.  I guess we shall see. 

 

The search for the perfect school

 

I’m also investigating some other options as far as graduate school for myself.  I sent a request to Purdue to see what kind of requirements they would need and to start taking the tests for grad school.  I really would like to grow my education b/c I think it would only open more opportunities for myself and my career.  I’m looking in this area as well for schools and finding out what kind of schools and programs that they offer.  Just looking for additional education and opening so more options for myself.  My job right now is pretty easy and don’t get me wrong I definitely need that, but I want to expand my horizons and I think that this will be a great route to do that. 

 

The search for the perfect balance

 

So I started another blog, which is my weight loss blog.  I don’t know if you can see it or not… doesn’t really matter.  I have jumped on the workout train and let me tell you… yikes am I OUT OF SHAPE.  Tait and I work out with a personal trainer 1 day a week and she gives us HELL and then we follow that routine the rest of the week.  We are working out 5-6 days a week and my body HURTS.  It usually takes me about 2 - 3 days to recover, which is totally sucky!  I am also trying to eat better.   I am entering my food in Lose It again which is so crappy.  I hate watching what I eat…  but I NEED IT SOOOO BADLY.  I mean it does me no good to work out like a slave and then eat like a horse… I mean the two have to have balance.  So I’m searching for balance. 

 

The search for the bottom of the boxes

 

So we are allllll moved in.  Tait is now here all the time.  THANK GOOOOOODNESS!  So we are still shifting through boxes and putting stuff away.  Tait moved some of the boxes to the attic and told me that if I wanted them they were close.  My issue that I’m having is the lack of having places to put things.  I am really used to having closets and this house seriously lacks closets so most of the stuff is just staying in a box.  But even like spare winter blankets or even spare sheets… no closets.  There isn’t even a lien closet for the bathroom so towels, soap, even shampoo I have made a bookshelf a “closet” and have been putting stuff on that.  It’s kind of annoying b/c I like hiding that kind of thing.  Oh well though what are you going to do.   We also got all of our appliances up and running so we can wash our clothes and cook our food now.  So goodnews on the home front. 

No comments: