Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A new beginning


It’s update time.

 

Well yet another chapter of our life is beginning.  As I put on here before we were moving to Indiana.  We have moved into our new home in Indiana.  It’s a nice house, we still have an overwhelming smell of dog.  But I think slowly it’s starting to fade.  It’s been a challenge but we are still a working progress.  Most of our of boxes have been put away, we just have a few random ones left, that I’m mainly doing one the weekend.  We only have a handful left and they are boxes that are “hard to put away” mainly b/c there isn’t a whole lot of options of where to put things.  We were used to having more clothes and that kind of thing so now we are just having to move things around a bit.  Still settling.  We have had a couple of dramas with appliances but we are on the upside.  We didn’t have an oven and then my wonderful aunt said we could have her old one.  Which we took and brought to the house only to realize that the plug that this house has and the plug that we had on the appliance was different.  So Tim, thank goodness he’s available to us!  He was able to switch the plugs out.  So it has a SELF CLEANING SETTING.  Love that!  And it’s cleaned and up and RUNNING!  Then we had a gas dryer which we were able to run the gas hook up BUT the dryer didn’t work… L  So we had to get another dryer.  So when we got the new dryer this past weekend.  Well we got it home… and wouldn’t you know it the heating core is broken L  So my Tim again came and helped us… so they had to order a part but HOPEFULLY we will be up and running today with a dryer.  So like I said minor drama but it will be exciting when I can get everything up and running.

 

I started my new job.  It’s really kind of a fun job.  It’s nothing too exciting to be honest with you, but it’s a fun place to work.  Everyone I work with is similar in age with me so that’s kind of nice.  I am up front so I have the accounting people that sit behind us and they are fun group.  So that’s kind of what’s going on job wise.

 

Kid wise.  The kids are adjusting to their new spaces and being around family.  Lehna has had more tough days she really misses the neighbor Nadyne, but she’s doing okay.  Maya is LOVING her time with Deklyn.  She really enjoys her new space.  The girls room is VERY large and they have managed to mess it up about every day.  Since we still aren’t established yet in our house (still adjusting I mean) the house is messy pretty much every day.  I need to find a better place for toys.  Right now they are in tubs and some are in their rooms, their front room, and the den which is kind of annoying b/c the kids are CONTSTANTLY making messes.  So I need to really work on that with them. 

 

Tait is still in Kenosha.  It makes me super sad that it still isn’t here.  I’m hoping that he just goes back tomorrow and tells them that this week is his last night so he can come back with me after this weekend.  This weekend we are going north to Wisconsin because we have tickets to see WICKED I’m super super super excited about it!  Mom and Terry are taking the kiddos and we have a hotel in Milwaukee so it should be an exciting trip.  It would make it even better if Tait just said “let’s get out of here” and he comes with me.  He only has a week left, but I really don’t want him to stay another week L 

 

Let’s see what else… I think that’s it for now.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That stinks about all the appliance drama :( I hope you get your dryer up and running today!!

Moving was always hard on me. The good thing is that nowadays there's skype, email, facebook etc. I know Lehna is a little young for her own accounts but maybe skyping with her friend would help a little.

Have fun with Tait :) Dwight and I actually had a date the other night.. it's so nice to have alone time :)