Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Cat is OUT of the BAG


So the bag is no empty. We are INDIANA bound! Yes that’s right we are returning home. Man it’s weird to type that. We have lived in WI for the past four years. Crazy crazy times. So much has happened since we left the state of Indiana. We added a family member, met some GREAT people, learned a lot of things, was able to be humbled in ways that I never thought possible. It has been an adventure but I’m so ready to be home. It’s so strange to think that we are going back home… yep home where we grew up. Now we are going to return… Bitter sweet I would say. I will LOVE the fact we are by family again. THAT I can’t wait for. We will be able to participate in family activities. And the best part is our cost of living won’t kill us anymore… SIGN ME UP FOR THAT! We are packing packing packing packing packing packing and packing. We have gotten stuff done, but there is SO much to do. We cleaned the garage this weekend. It’s ALL SET. The basement is packed. The upstairs closets are pretty much packed. The rooms upstairs are not completed yet… they will be but not yet, after all we still have 2 more weeks in our house, so we can’t have everything. We have organized everything, we started cleaning cabinets and rooms as we empty them, but it’s again hard when you still live there. But we are making progress.

Updates on Jobs.

I start my new job on June 10th at a company in Wabash. It’s a headquarters. I’m very excited about it. I will be able to work my way up and proof myself and it’s definitely an opportunity for me! It’s going to be great. Tait. Well his update is a bit muddier. He hasn’t been officially hired yet by the county he interviewed for. They have told him multiple times that they want him and please don’t take another job, but the hitch is the job they want him for there is a lady in the spot. She is leaving the spot b/c she’s her husband took another job south and so she is trying to transfer to another county. So she’s waiting her hire date before she is turning in her end date. So that means they can’t hire Tait “officially” until they get that date. So we are kind of in Limbo but we are taking faith that by the end of June he will be hired and in the July training class. That is our hope  It would be even better if he was hired by June 17th, that would be my birthday wish. So we’ll see what happened. Time will only tell and as you all know I’m LOVE to be patient.

I am apprehensive about the move. There are some things that I’m really going to missing from Kenosha. I have made some great friends and I’ll be sad to lose those friends. It will be strange going back to Indiana and trying to “relearn” how to make friends once again, in an area that I grew up in. It’ll be strange.

Kids update!

Okay so the kids are more than excited about the move. Lehna has said she is worried about leaving this house that we are in. she said that she doesn’t want to leave our house. I told her that the house doesn’t come with us.  I know that once we get there she’ll adjust. She just wanted to be able to finish the school year and she’ll be able to do that. Oh and Lehna was baptised.  She was baptised in four days!  She decided she wanted to be baptised before we moved.  I totally understand the reasoning and was happy to have her get what she wanted. 

Maya is ready to go. She wants to be gone and moved and there. Nikolai he doesn’t really care. I know we will have some adjustments to new bedrooms and such so that will be some adjustment.

I will be happy when we get in the house and really make it ours. I know that we will need to do some cleaning and getting some things taken care of and once that’s taken care of that will be good. I’m excited. New adventure here we come!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

SO exciting!! :) Congrats on the new job! Hopefully Tait will have his official job soon!

How big is the new house? Are you all renting or did you buy?

Stephanie said...

Tait got his offical offer so he's employed!

The house is 4 bedroom 1 1/2 bath it's simlair to our current house... but 1/3 of the price!!!
We are renting. We won't own for awhile. Besides owning nails you down... we are WAYYYY to mobile for that!

Sarah said...

Yay!! Super exciting to know that you are BOTH employed :)

The house sounds perfect!! We rent as well... I'm too scared to buy a house and then something big happen that I have to pay for :)