Tuesday, April 09, 2013

News from the Front



Okay so it’s time to update my blog once again. I truly am trying to update this thing weekly but it’s TOUGH! Where does all the time go? I guess having three children, working full time, and everything else makes it more difficult. Okay but enough excuses. So another week has rolled by and we are here on Tuesday! So what has happened in this brief time. This weekend we had a great time playing outside. This has been the first item in awhile that we have been able to be outside for any length of time b/c of the snow that has been around and it has been so cold outside. So we took bike rides, went to the park, played ball in the yard, went on walks. It was truly really nice to be outside and exercising with the kids and playing with them. The last two days have been really crappy as far as weather so it will be nice when it’s nice outside again. Get the kids outside!



So on the work front I’ll hit that topic first. I’m sure everyone is on pins and needles waiting for the latest update! LOL Well there isn’t any. Isn’t that hilarious? Okay so here is the scoop, last week I was offered another position through the county for the Sherriff’s department but I have turned down that position. I decided that I wanted to wait and see what happens via this position. So far I’m supposed to be able to interview at some point. I have no idea of when the interview will take place but I know it’s happening sometime this week or next. So I’m still on hold. The good things about this. First of all my supervisor is back from vacation and I know he likes me so that’s a positive. So this means he will be a factor into the interview process. Also I was told by my supervisor either that my director has been talking to the other supervisors to see how I have been doing and they have agreed that I’m doing good. So that’s good. So so far we are still on the “hold and wait” but at least I know that we are moving in a direction. Just slowly.



On the home front.



Let’s start with Nikolai. This little cutie pie. He is just such a sweetie pie, he is SOOOO two right now but he’s still soooo cute. This past weekend I was able to take him on the bike ride with us. I have a little pull wagon that attaches to my bike so I was able to take him along. That was really nice and he really enjoyed it. He just watched out the windows and enjoyed being treated like royalty. So that was really fun for him. We also had speech therapy with him yesterday and he is doing very well. He is starting to put two words together in two word phrases. We are still repeating what he is saying to make sure we are understanding what he is saying. It has become a two prong approach with him. He is interesting in engaging with you, which is great. So now he starts to talk on his own and he is also learning new words. He has his default words that he is working towards growing, which is a great sign. Compared to where we were before when he was nonverbal and had no interest in engaging with us. So we are slowly getting there. His therapist is very excited and pleased with how far he has come. So it’s all good.



Daycare. Boy what a tough thing. We have had a few hiccups with our current daycare provider. She had some personal issues within her family that has made her unavailable to watch our little Nikolai on occasion. This is of course not a point to blame her b/c it something she really can’t control. It is frustrating for us to try to figure out what the heck to do with our son b/c we can’t keep missing work because of daycare. We are also concerned with the amount that we are spending on daycare for just Nikolai on a weekly basis. We spend about $63 per day for all three kids to be in daycare for full time daycare. And let me tell you this is a home daycare we are paying for AND for a very inexpensive way for the girls. So we have been really trying to come up with alternative plans as to decide what to do with our kids. So we were talking with a coworker who has a sister that provides daycare. So we spoke with her yesterday and she truly sounds really good. She will be taking the girls and boy this summer full time. She seems like she is going to do a great job with the kids. She has her own pool and they will be able to swim all summer long. She is VERY involved with the kids and plays with them and takes them places so it should be a good fit for our kiddos. We will be purchasing them season passes for Great America and she will be taking them all summer long. I’m really excited for the kids b/c I think this will be great for them. It will get them active and they will have a really great time. We will bring their bikes so they will be able to ride their bikes over there. It will be really good. I’m excited for them.



Maya, oh how the challenges continue. So the struggles continue with little Miss Maya. Tait is still her whisper and can get her to do anything where as I am still struggling to get her to listen, follow the rules, share, etc. We had much of the same issues this weekend that we have been having. She told Tait that she wanted to go on a walk without us. She just wanted some one on one time with daddy. She just is moody right now. We are working on it.



Lehna is still wishing away her life as she keeps waiting for “two more weeks” before she can change her earrings. She has been chomping at the bit to be able to switch her earrings. She has been having the conversation with me as to which ones she is going to wear first, than she wants my opinion of which ones to wear first. I told her that she needs to decide what she is wearing first than she can pick the earrings to go with it. She wants to go shopping this weekend to use her gift cards she got for her birthday. She really wanted gift cards in order to go shopping so that is what she got. She got two visa gift cards so she can use them wherever she wants to use them. She said she wants to go to Old Navy and Justus. I have never been to Justus so this should be an experience to say the least.



So that is my exciting life right now. Pretty routine pretty much status quo nothing new nothing exciting. Hopefully there will be some updates to come soon.

No comments: