Friday, April 01, 2011

March in Review

Can you believe it; we have a 4 & 6 year old already?

Lehna Marie Lehna Marie was 6 years old this week. She is in kindergarten and is loving school; she makes friends very easily and enjoys spending time with her sister and helping me out with Nikolai.


For her birthday this year we took her to Applebee’s for dinner and they sang to her and brought her a HUGE ice cream sundae which she happily shared it with her sister. After her birthday dinner we came back home and we all enjoyed her birthday cake and she opened her birthday gifts. She has wanted this Barbie Movie called Secret Barbie Fairy or something like that and so she got that along with 2 Barbie dolls.


Now Lehna BEGGED us for a birthday party but at this point we told her no. I thought that with her as young as she is it would make more sense to do a birthday party a little older when she can invite her special friends over. I just didn’t want us to set up a party and only 3 kids show up I think that would be a disappointment to her. So I told her that we would go to Key Lime Cove in a couple of weeks and she was okay with that. (Key Lime cove is a hotel/water park that is in Gurnee)


Maya Elizabeth Maya Elizabeth was 4 this week. She is not currently in school or day care right now. She is quite a funny little girl she loves to dress up in princess clothes and wearing “dresses” which can be anything from her night gowns to her church clothes, which in turn drives me crazy b/c once when puts them on she takes them off and leaves them all over her floor and I spend a lot of time telling her to pick them up. She loves playing with her little dolls (like strawberry short cake and mini princesses) Maya could spend all day in a room by herself and she would play perfectly fine.

For Maya’s Birthday she wanted to go to Red Robin and they sang to her and brought her the perfect size ice cream sundae which she sheared with her sister. Maya opened her presents in the morning so she could spend all day enjoying them. Maya go the movie “Tangled” and Mini Strawberry Shortcake dolls. She didn’t want a party she talked about having one or at least Uninviting me to it when she got mad at me for not giving her something she wanted, but for the record she didn’t really want one. It’s going to be really hard in the years to come not to gain 50 lbs this week. With two birthdays’ we had two birthday cakes which in turn meant A LOT OF CAKE. I love cake so it was VERY hard staying out of it. And I gave in a number of times which sucks against my will power! So along with Birthdays to update me also wanted to update what we have been up to recently. At the beginning of the month we went up to visit Mom and Terry. Jackie and Marcus and their kiddos were coming for a visit and we wanted to spend some time with all of them so we all went at the same time. It was great. We hung out and just spent some quality time hanging out. We played Scrabble and also Totally Insane Card game. Man I truly miss having Game nights. We didn’t go anywhere this time we just had some good R & R time which was really. Also this month Lehna had her spring break so at the beginning of the week I asked Lehna what things she wanted to do while she was on spring break and we tried to do all of them. She had simple things like make an art project, go to the art store, and go to the park, things of that nature. So we were able to get all of the things she wanted accomplished except on thing, which was go ice skating but instead of doing that Tait took the day off and we headed down to Chicago for the day. We rode the train. The girls LOVED it at least for the first 30 minutes than they were over it. Lehna got a free family pass to go to the Shed Aquarium this year so we took that pass. Once we got to the train station we went via taxi to Shed now Lehna was VERY disappointed that we weren’t on Cash Cab but there were excited they got to ride in a taxi. We spent the entire day in the Aquarium we talked about going to the Children’s Museum but we didn’t b/c the train schedule really only allowed one activity. And I think by the time we left the aquarium the girls were ready to go. We did get to the train station way to early and we spend time going through the little stores there and buying books and things for the girls to keep occupied. We also bought a ton of snacks for the train ride home, which Tait kept saying that he bought way too much but we ended needing all that he bought. On the train ride home there was an accident and it delayed the train almost 2 hours. And during that time the girls were STARVING so it was nice that they had something to snack on, it at least kept them entertained. On the home front, aka normal life. Things are going well. I still have two weeks left of my maternity leave so I’m enjoying my last couple of days with the baby and also with Maya. I am still working on getting in shape so I have been really working hard at my diet and also trying to get in running shape for the Rudd Walk/Run that’s coming up in May. Last year I walked it and this year I want to be able to run it. I downloaded a program called Couch to 5K for my IPhone and I have to say I LOVE it! It tells me how to get in that correct distance shape. After I complete this program I am going to go straight to the Bridge program from 5k to 10K I don’t have a goal time set for the 10K yet but I’ll figure something out. I guess I just want to prove to myself that I can do it! I have about 60 lbs to lose as well so I figure this will help me get rid of that as well! It’s all for the greater good and since my baby making days are now coming to a close I don’t have a reason NOT to get my body into some good shape… at least I can’t us “well you are going to have another baby” as an excuse NOT to get into shape b/c I want to get there dang it. So that’s my goal for the next couple of weeks. I’m half way though my running program only 4 more weeks and it will be complete it comes right before the Rudd Walk actually so timing is everything right!

Nikolai Anthony 1 month

No comments: