Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Update

So I have some cute pictures that I am going to add to website but I didn’t have time to get them off the computer.

On the Lehna front a few new things have been happening… FIRST THING Lehna is now officially a BIG GIRL! She is sleeping in a toddler bed. This is night three and so far things are going well. When we went into the room she asked me very politely if she could get off the bed. And I said yes and thanked her for asking. I have a feeling that they make them ask for permission at daycare. Then last night Lehna was crying and Tait went in there and she was just sitting on the bed and asked for her mommy so Tait goes “do you want to go see her” and so she goes “yeah” like all teary in her voice. It just made my heart feel so good. So she’s sleeping through that night even though she is in a big girl bed I was worried that she would be up playing all night long but she really doesn’t have any interested in that she just wants to sleep. Also another break though that the baby is growing up. About 8:15 we will ask her if she wants to go to bed she will say “yes” and we walk around giving kisses and go straight to bed. No fussing any fits just wants to go to sleep. It’s so wonderful. Now getting the munchkin dressed in the morning would be GREAT if we didn’t have to fight her every morning but right now. I’m happy with what we got.

We are also starting to get Lehna accustomed to the potty. She is REALLY showing interest in it and we are starting to work with her. The ladies at daycare are also working with her so hopefully it will be a smooth transition. I don’t necessarily need her out of diapers before Maya appears but it would be nice to have one out of diapers before the next one appears. I don’t know though she doesn’t quite understand what we want her to do but she at least realizes that she has to take her diaper off to sit and she is up on that part. So we are working with her it will take some time but I think it will be good. Last night she even patted her diaper and I asked if she had to go potty and she said yep so I took her in there and all she did was play with the potty so I don’t know it may take some time but I know we’ll get it.

News on the home front, this weekend was a weekend to clean out closets. I managed to get the “coat closet” completely cleaned out we only had like 20 bags of trash to take out which was CRAZY! But it looks so nice now I was also able to work in Baby B’s room and I moved things around and started to organize things. I won’t be done until I can get the darn bed out of there and a smaller dresser. We looked at little dressers this weekend I think I can get one at Wal-Mart so I will probably be getting that this weekend or next so I can start going back through Lehna’s clothes to get them organized and ready to go. I really want to take the dumb bed in there. We had to take apart the crib to get it out of Lehna’s room and once I get the stupid bed out of the room I’ll be able to set the crib up and move the changing table which will be nice. I need to get some things for the walls in there b/c they are a little bare but I’m sure I’ll come up with something. It’s just hard to believe that that baby will be here so soon!

Also on the home front we got a new furnace, something we weren’t planning on getting but heck why not, who wants new windows when you can invest in a new furnace right? It broke Christmas Eve so luckily when we went on vacation it didn’t break anymore which was lucky for us! So now our house is all controlled by numbers which is nice. I have noticed that we haven’t turned it down as low as we did with the other furnace but that is okay because it keeps the house warm anyways!

We got back from Wisconsin and it was very sad to leave. We had such a good time. I’m sure by reading Jackie’s blog you know that we went to the Miller Company but it was closed. We also went to the Jelly Belly company and that was “interested” we knew that we were going to go on a tour but we didn’t realize it would be a big tour of a warehouse where we would watch some videos of the creating of jelly bellies there really wasn’t much to it other than that actually. We did have to wear this ridiculous hat that I think was mainly b/c they wanted everyone to ware b/c they are cruel rather than it really serving a purpose I mean it was a warehouse for goodness sakes. We also when to this church on the hill and it was really pretty. We really had a good time at the church it was so beautiful, I enjoyed it. I figure we probably won’t be able to go back to Wisconsin until the summer with the baby coming in the spring so we will have to make some plans then. Of course I don’t think I’ll have vacation days until Julyish but that will be okay, I’m sure we will work something out.

Work is going pretty well right now. We are kind of slow but for the most part I’m really keeping busy. We are trying to get a bunch of people in the system b/c we have a few companies that we are waiting on contracts from but once they come down we are going to be FLOODED with new job opportunities and for being general labor we need to make sure we have enough people in the system for when the storm hits. Which I have to say I’m not really looking forward to it but then at the same time I am looking forward to it so it’s kind of a strange feeling it’s kind of the calm before the storm, so as it develops it should be pretty interesting.

What else is going on? I want to go baby shopping for Baby B. I don’t really need anything for her but I was looking at the baby clothes that I have for her that I have gotten for her and I just want to get her a few things so she can have her own stuff. Which I’m sure she will get her fill of new things. Helen said she found us a double stroller yesterday so I’m excited about that. I know that I wanted to get one of those so I will be able to take both babies out for walks or shopping or whatever so I can’t to see it. Helen said we have to put it together which we have become experts of the last couple of weeks getting things together for Christmas and also Lehna’s new bed and stuff so it will be fun to put the stroller together.

Oh another funny thing before I forget. Lehna has become a little parrot she has discovered a new phrase… it’s “oh sh%t” Yep that’s right she has learned her first curse word. She was playing with her play horse the other day and she couldn’t move it and she goes “oh sh%t” and I didn’t think that what she said so a couple of days later she was playing with one of her new spoons and she accidentally broke it and goes “oh sh%t” again… and I was like Lehna no no don’t say that. So yep we have quite the little curser on our hands… I guess it could be worse it could be something REALLY horrible like the F word or something like that. So we will be curbing our language around the parrot. So that should be interesting I wonder what it will be like when she says it at daycare. I mean I wonder if they will point it out to us or what. I don’t know it should be interesting.

Oh here’s a little update. Our very BIG girl used the potty on her own last night! We were VERY excited! Tait put her on there and she went right away no problem. Of course this morning she wanted NOTHING to do with it. I asked her if she wanted to use the potty and she goes “no” and I go asked her again then she finally said “yes” then we went in the bathroom and she was pulling on her pants but not really taking them down so I reached down to help and she pushed my hands away and goes “NO” really loudly and didn’t want my help… soooooo I didn’t torture her I figure we will keep trying every morning to get her and then maybe she’ll get used to the idea. She just isn’t a morning person. So a small step towards potty training!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Okay I'm confused...Is the name you have picked in this blog? You slipped and said something...but then you didn't say it again. Please let me know...if it is I like the names you pick! Love you!

Stephanie said...

LOL... yep that's her name