Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A little touch of winter!

Welcome to the update for this week!

Well we have had our first taste of winter yesterday! We woke up to snow and ice all over the road on Tuesday morning. I am sure as many were driving in their morning commutes you saw many slide offs and accidents and you probably thought to yourself and said “what an idiot” Well I must say that I joined that ranking of “what an idiot” Yep that’s right I was one of the many LUCKY people that go to put their cars in a ditch and had to get a tow truck to get me out! It happened on the huge hill just outside the town in which I live and I started to slide on the hill so I tried to correct myself and I managed to spin the car around and end up in the ditch the hill was pure ice it was just like wet glass it was wonderful. I was going 35 mph up the hill so it didn’t take much. As I was parked in the ditch I had many people that stopped to ask if I was okay and see if I needed assistance. I did have a couple of very nice gentlemen that did try to push the big SUV out of the hill but the ground was too soft and the road was just too slippery so I was unable to get out on my own. Sooooo as I was waiting I got to witness several almost slide offs on the same damn hill and I got to see a school bus slide down the hill sideways b/c of the ice so that was exciting! Some cars drove fast and many drove slow I was more afraid about the fast driving cars then the slow one’s so I stayed in my car hoping that no one would hit me. Soon the tow truck showed up and he got my car out in like 10 mins not much effort at all. As we were pulling the car out the sheriff did show up to offer assistance but of course the car was out of the ditch by then. Sooooo when the car was out of the ditch the suv was parked in the middle of the road so I had to of course move the car so other cars could go around and as I was walking back to the SUV I managed to slip and fall on the VERY slippery ice. This of course made on lookers painic the Sheriff turned on his lights and then came RUNNING out of his car asking if I was okay. I of course was more embarrassed then anything and was totally fine. So the tow truck driver came over and he about fell down and asked if I was okay and I told him I was fine and that was the end of my EXCITING morning! I’m glad that the car nor myself was harmed but I was just very embarrassed so I can live with that!

I love Indiana Weather!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Poor girl...how are you feeling now? How scary. Reminds me of when my mom was driving to Aunt Moe's when BJ was an infant - she hit a patch of black ice and spun. I'm so happy to hear you are okay. I'm sure you are pretty sore though... ouch...

Joyce said...

I'm just glad falling didn't set you into labor and have poor Maya on the roadway! Can you just see the Headlines to that one? I'm VERY glad you are okay! Put your feet up and take it easy.

Stephanie said...

Sarah & Joyce,
Thank you both for you concern. I am feeling great I was more embarrassed than anything and there wasn't any damage to the car or anything at least no visible damage. We are going to invest in new tires though to help prevent for future incidents!