Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saturdays are my FAVORITE

So I don't think that I have met a Saturday yet that I didn't like.  I love Saturdays!  they make me so happy when I get up in the morning to when I go to bed at night.  I usually get a lot done on Saturdays b/c that is the day that not only do I 'rest' but that's all the day that I get a lot of my weekly chores done. 

Today I have gotten a lot of my chores done even before the noon hour so go me!  I was able to get grocery shopping done, shoes for Lehna, lunch on the stove, the laundry completed, and dinner planned for the weekend!  And this is all before I even jumped in the shower to "start" my day!  Yeah for ME!  I know I know nothing like bragging right?  Oh well. 

So I sent in my application for the Kenosha County Senior Office Associate position.  I have decided that I am just going to try and see what happens.  The pay bump would be so wonderful I can't even tell you, but seriously I need to figure some things out.  Our office position hasn't even been posted yet and I'm starting to worry that they aren't planning on refilling it!  So that would totally suck!  So I have been doing my best in typing up instructions for the new court services person that will start in a couple of weeks, she will be learning how to do what I'm doing only in the part time format.  Lord only knows that means my days will go down to having stuff to do to having nothing to do again!  I hate that.  I really enjoy being busy but what can you do, so I have a feeling they are phasing out that position completely!  Which would suck than I would be out of a job AGAIN!  Which that would truly suck bad.  Tait doesn't want me to get all worried about it, but having been the in position before I want to do everything in my power to AVOID that completely.  But anyway.  So I'm going to apply to this position and see what happens.  Tait and I have decided that we might even try applying to Indiana just to see what happens there.  I mean we both need to work and here the cost of living is very high here and well if I don't end up without work that it makes more sense to move, we just need to move before I am laid off from my current job so I can get unemployment!  B/c in the state of Wisconsin they all have if you move b/c of a spouse job you can collect unemployment.  So I guess we will see happens. I feel like I'm going to be turning this over to the big man upstairs b/c I can't worry about it or I'll go Insane WITH ANXIETY and honestly I don't need anything like that right now.

Lehna is doing much much better.  Day 3 and 4 is by far the worse.  She complains her jaw and ears hurt, which is all normal but there isn't a lot you can do.  Today I gave her an ice pack and that seemed to ease her pain a little.  She is still taking her pain meds fairly regularly.  We will start working on weening her off that next week.  I think she'll be okay but we'll have to start working on that.  Since she won't have the pain meds when she goes back to school next week.  The school FINALLY sent homework with Maya on FRIDAY I asked for two weeks before she left for homework for when she was gone and I get it on FRIDAY!  I don't know if htat means the teacher doesn't do lesson plans or what, vI mean how do you not know what you are going to be doing for a week?  I don't know whatever.  But her class did all write her get well cards to her and that was very nice of her.  They also got her a game which she has really enjoyed playing.  It's Clue JR and it's really fun to play with them.  So far she has won every time she has played me.  And I'm not even letting her win.  Oh well.  It's fun for her.  I would like to trey to find the Apples to Apples JR game for the girls.  We have the adult version but I am assuming the kid game it's more pictures verses words b/c it's not as fun for them with the words.  Lehna is also asking to get the game Dixit.  Kris and Christina brought that game for thanksgiving and she really enjoyed playing it. I think we saw it before so I'll have to get that for their birthdays, b/c they are right around the corner! 

No comments: