Thursday, January 24, 2013

So It’s time for another quick update.



Well as most of you know Lehna had surgery on her tonsils and androids. Well she had them removed anyway. She had the procedure done yesterday and it went very well for her. She was already wanting to get around and move shortly after the surgery and we were sent home very soon after the surgery. Last night she wanted ice cream and she couldn’t have ice cream right away b/c of the anesthesia that they give her and it could cause vomiting, so we didn’t want to take the route. So she had popsicles. She is doing much better today, she is able to eat more soft foods such as ice cream, applesauce, pudding, yogurt, and etc. She can pretty much eat anything soft that she can just swallow. She told me last night that she just wanted something more than popsicles so I told her for breakfast she could have ice-cream and so this morning she did. Maya of course did NOT understand why she couldn’t have ice cream for breakfast and stated to me that I just didn’t love her and that Lehna got everything. After each of us explained to her that Lehna had surgery and couldn’t have anything, I tried to make a point to her to tell her that she couldn’t enjoy the girl scout cookies that she got to eat earlier, and even than Maya still refused to understand. So I told her after school if she was good she could have ice cream she did settle down. So today she is doing much much better. She did complain of her ears hurting, which they said that is very common for that to happen. So I’ll keep you all updated on her progress.



Lehna also had her It’s Great to be Eight program at the church this past Saturday. Lehna will be able to be baptized this year and so they are getting the kids excited about the different activities that they can do once they turn 8 years old. Lehna for example will be able to join the activity girls 2 xs a month and work on their Faith in God activities. She didn’t sound very excited about it, and so I am starting to take a very active role in getting her ready for baptism. So we started reading the children’s stories of the Book of Mormon on Sunday. We wanted to read to them every day but with the surgery that has come up we are going to try to get at least a new story a week done. I wanted to start on the scriptures but seriously it was so over their head that they looked at me with glazed looks in their eyes and I figured that we should go a different direction b/c they weren’t catching on. So I thought that this would be the easier way. When I started reading the stories Maya paid the best attention, I had eye contact with her and everything. They didn’t ask any questions after the story but I figured eye contact was good. So I was talking to another parent at the activity night about getting them ready for baptism and she suggested getting the Friend she said that it is a great way to talk about the different topics and it’s right on their level. So I am going to start getting that for them. Maybe we can work that into their bedtime routine as well once we get the stories completed. I think there is only 12-13 stories so we will run out of church stuff. The girls LOVE to be read to and I like reading to them as well. Nikolai could really care less about reading, but it is fun having him in the room.



Work is still going well. They are getting ready to extend the offer to the new person that will be taking over court services. I was kind of doing dual roles as they were planning on hiring a part time person to do the court services work. So I will be training the court services shortly. That means I need to get all of my instructions up and going. I am only about ½ way done with getting them typed up and such. I am kind of sad that that will be going away as I really enjoy doing the court services but that will mean I have more time to do other activities whatever they might be. They are still planning on posting for the position that I am currently filling in for. So hopefully that will be soon and I’ll be able to apply for that position. There has been other positions that have opened throughout the county so I have been applying to those as they appear. I figure it doesn’t hurt, right? So still in limbo, forever in limbo let me tell you.



Well that’s all I got for now.

No comments: