Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tid bits I forgot



Well I wanted to update as I had forgotten to say a couple of things in my update yesterday so I thought I would tack it on here. So we are only 7 days away from Christmas and Maya has been the one keeping track. She has been using the mouse advent calendar moving him over every day. Last night she said she was going to move him over tonight b/c she didn’t want anyone to have to do it in the morning. She is very thoughtful my little Maya. One of her gifts from Nikolai was wrapped pretty poorly (by me) and Niki fell on it and it opened on the side and it displayed what was inside. Well she asked Lehna was inside and of course she told her so Maya than asked for 3 hours straight if she could go ahead and open it b/c she already knows what’s in there so it would be good if we just let her open it. We are getting our layaway out of Wednesday to get all that ready to go. I have like a million things that still need to be wrapped but I don’t really know what to do with them so I’m not wrapping them yet. I had stocking stuffers already brought and a few things for under the tree, but the big stuff was still in layaway. I defiantly think that is the best way to go Christmas shopping for us. Of course they are getting no clothes so I feel badly about that but it will be okay. Lehna is into getting gift cards right now. For her birthday she wanted Tait to take her to Target and get her a bunch of gift cards so she could shop. I don’t know if she thinks that they are credit cards or what. We don’t use credit cards but I don’t know if that’s what she thinks they are or what. It’s a crazy thing. So I want to get a few just for her stocking b/c I think she would really like that. I could get her a couple for Kohl’s if I go to like CVS or something like that where they sell different names but I don’t know. I like being done. There is always “something else you could get”.

So we will be doing some traveling over the holidays. I think we are going to stop by for the weekend in Indiana and then come back. So I need to have everything was done as possible as far as getting tape and wrapping paper b/c on the 24th I want to bake cookies with the girls and those kind of activities. We are going to be getting our holiday menu so that will be fun too. I’m excited about having Monday and Tuesday off so that will be fun but that means we have to shove holiday food shopping on Monday, which as long as there are stores open we should be fine  I just want to get my list ready to on Monday or Sunday we will be ready to get things for baking and eating  We also have to get stuff for cookies for Santa… again looking NOT to do sugar cookies… So this weekend we made turtles for the girls’ teachers for school and they were super easy to make. But I was planning on dipping pretzels in chocolate for“filler” in the box but let me tell you that did NOT work out. I SUCK at melting chocolate; I burn the stuff in a double boiler that’s how bad I am. So this time… I made the mistake of adding butter to the chocolate thinking that it would make the chocolate creamer nope that didn’t happen it turned it to fudge and not even good fudge it was horrible. I just don’t do chocolate dipped anything well. So I will NOT be looking for a recipe for dipping for the cookies for Santa this year. I am not a pastry chef to any stretch of the imagination.

So Tim has been at our home for the last week packing up his and Helen’s stuff for the move to Indiana and I can tell you I don’t think he has been having very much fun. There is a lot of stuff but in the in course of moving we have found some things we thought were gone forever. One thing I Found was a gift certificate for the Flair a spa and hair studio here that Tait got me back in 2010!!! So I called them and asked them if I could still use it and they said YES! I was so thrilled so I scheduled that and got that done yesterday. That was sooooo wonderful. They are truly on my favorite things in life. I can just relax and get pampered. My muscles were so nice and relaxed last night and my skin smelled so good and soft. It was wonderful. I didn’t want to take a shower this morning b/c I knew it would wash it all away, but my skin was still soft it didn’t smell as good, but it was still soft. So I want to keep it up by constantly applying lotion so I can keep it as soft as she got it, b/c it was soooo soft last night. So I enjoyed that little find. But we also found 2 more gift cards! We found a Barnes and Nobel gift card AND an I tunes gift card so we are going to be using those up. So it was like a little Christmas gift for us. 

Well basically that’s it for now. I know I know nothing exciting just little things that I forgot to add.

No comments: