Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter Wrap Up

Well I wanted to write a quick update…

Easter has come and gone the Easter Bunny brought his baskets full of candy and has left. Lehna got a new baby b/c that’s what she wanted and Maya got some new bath toys. Pretty low key since their birthdays are of course THIS weekend!

I must say that I’m excited about their birthdays I think that the party should be a success; at least I hope it is. Most of the people that are going to be there are going to be Tait’s side of the family. Many of my family members have a prior engagement which is totally fine. So it should be fun. I just hope people show up! LOL

I didn’t really take many pictures this weekend to be honest with you most of them were just pictures of Maya and Deklyn playing with one another. Maya can’t quite walk yet but Deklyn can so every time Deklyn walked by Maya, Maya would pull Deklyn down it was VERY entertaining. I don’t think Maya necessarily wanted her to come down but I think she just wanted to be able to stand up and the only way Maya knows how to stand ups by using something to pull her up… so Deklyn was the closest thing.

Maya is still cursing on furniture and has only taken just a few very brief steps away from things. I don’t think it will be long but she doesn’t “trust” herself yet. She also is getting a new tooth in. She has been really fussy for the last couple of days where NOTHING makes her feel better so I’m hoping that that was the major problem. Helen noticed it this weekend and it’s finally starting to cut through… so she’ll have three teeth to eat her birthday cake! So that will be fun to watch I’m sure… I can’t wait to get there and set up the party… that’s always my FAVORITE part!

Lehna is really very excited about her birthday and I think it should be a lot of fun for her. She can tell you how old she’s going to be. She really doesn’t understand days or the week or time lines or anything like that so when you say her birthday is in 2 days she really doesn’t understand what you are saying… or if you say your birthday is on Saturday it just goes RIGHT over her head. Last night Tait and I were taking a walk with the two girls and we were trying to teach Lehna Left and Right she did pretty well but she kept pointing with her right hand straight saying “right” and we would say “no that’s straight” then she would go “oh straight” She talked the ENTIRE walk just singing and babbling about this and that… Maya covered her ears because Lehna was talking so much… that was really funny.

This past weekend we went to Peru just so we could help Helen and Tim get their house packed up and I have to say all people living in that house are MAJOR pack rats! Yikes! I’m sure that’s what it was like for Dad when he was going through our old house when he moved with Teresa but STILL YIKE A RAMA! We threw lots of things away… don’t tell Helen! I would keep her distracted in the living room with boxes for her to “sort” and we would throw things away when she wasn’t standing right there with us. We HAD to though my goodness they have soooo much stuff. So next weekend we are going to go up again and hit it again… Hopefully they won’t have too much to do… but time will tell.

Well that’s life right now pretty much running around like crazy then stopping every once and awhile to breathe. Tait mentioned that he wants to pencil in a weekend at home soon so I think we have the second weekend in April free to do that!

Enjoy some pictures.


Picture Of Daisy...
Lehna thinks she went to live at the farm with her family...


Kris and Maya

Lehna in Prison!


"what'd you say?"

No comments: