Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Short RANT!

I just wanted to write a little rant about how much I HATE the post office here in my freaking town. Besides the whole fact we don't have mail delivery to our home really is CRAZY in this day and age but the other side that the people hate us makes it even WORSE! Since I have been home for the past six weeks I have been able to check the mail on a pretty regular basis... Well today I went to go check the mail and there was only like two little things in our box and Tait and I have both been expecting things in the mail and we haven't recieved them yet so I figured that I would check to see if they had ANYTHING for us back on the shelf... Well I have both girls with me today so I park in the non parking spot b/c I am going to "run" in there and I wanted to be able to watch the girls from the window (it's not even 12 feet in the post office from the curb) so I go in and there is this lady that is seriously mailing like 12 billion packages so I stand behind her thinking that since she has so many packages surely the counter lady will spare a glance my way since I was obviously waiting to be waited on. Well the two are just talking back and forth and she doesn't even acknowledge that I was standing there... so I popped back outside since I didn't want to leave the girls for so long alone in the car but I figured that since I could still see the window from the car I would pop back in there once they were done. Well as I'm standing there feeding Maya a bottle there was another lady that came in and she walked over to her box then walked over to window and got her package... the lady acknowledged her and even gave her her stuff totally ignoring me when I was in there. So I got pissed and was muttering under my breath b/c I didn't want to leave Maya again since she wanted to finish her bottle, but this entire time I am watching the billion packages being processed and trying to be as patiently as I can but in my mind I'm thinking... I just want to go home... but I figured since I waited that long... why not wait a little longer. So the lady was moving the final packages off the counter and I went back in. The two ladies still talked like I wasn't there and the lady with the packages turned around and goes "oh sorry about all of this" and I just kind of nodded and smiled. The lady finally left and the lady at the counter goes "can I help you" really crappy and I go "do you have ANYTHIING for box 2 since we haven't gotten anything besides just a few things?" and she goes "I have a TON of stuff for box 2" and I go "Really? I have NEVER recieved a slip stating that I had stuff" and she just ignored me and came back with a TON AND A HALF OF MAIL and THREE BOXES! I was more then pissed and I go "why didn't I get a slip" and she goes "I'm sure you have gotten one in the past" like this was supposed to be the explaination I was pissed.

So the reason for the rant is I wanted to apologize to all of those that sent us gifts for Maya's birth that we haven't sent Thank you cards for the reason why is b/c of the people at the post office. So they are in the mail right now and you should be getting them by the end of next week. I am so sorry.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow!! How rude was she?!? Glad you got all your mail though!! Hope your weekend goes better!! <3