Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Lonnnnng awaited Update!

I had an update all prepared and I had pictures to go on there as well and I didn’t get it posted so NOW it’s out of date! So I’m starting all over… but enough of the whining let me get to the update!

Jackie came over to our house two weekends ago and helped me get baby Maya’s room ready! It’s FINALLY ready to go and all set up! Jackie was quite the bargain hunter and stumbled across the John Lennon’s baby crib set a 12 piece set for $88 bucks! I was VERY excited! The set included: a crib skirt, bumper, mobile, two shadow boxes, carpet, a shelf, with 2 book ends, quilt, valances, a diaper bag, and lamp. It’s very cool the colors are yellows, blues, greens, and whites. Which the room was already painted white and yellow so it worked really nicely. It looks like the room was painted that way on purpose. It also kind of gives us a “buffer’ just in case baby Maya ends up being a little boy instead! So thank you Jackie for the crib set and thank you for the help in the room. We also were able to go through all the baby clothes and get the clothes hung up and put away in the drawers and let me tell you I have sooooo much pink already for this kid she doesn’t need anything as far as clothes. We have clothes out the wazoooooo! I had forgotten just home much Lehna actually owned! So now that the room is ready I do feel better about it. I was really getting nervous b/c I was afraid that the baby wouldn’t have a place to sleep.

I went on my regular scheduled two-week appointment last week and the doctor said that I was measuring two weeks ahead of schedule. They determine this by holding a tape measure across your tummy from the top of your uterus to the base of well just the bottom. Well then he noticed how much weight I was gaining and said that I gained another 3 lbs. in two weeks. He said that since my blood work came back normal as far as gestational diabetes and my blood pressure was in a good spot that he wants to do another ultrasound to check her size. He said that he’s not too concerned with it he went into this sepal about what the difference is which is basically a two inch difference which he said that you have to use this “normal” sizing for all different size women which makes it harder to judge. But he wasn’t too concerned b/c he did after all schedule the ultrasound for three weeks. Which will be like Feb 26th but he said he wasn’t going to be here the week of the 19th which would be my 2 week normal appointment. Which leads me to believe he’s not toooooo nervous about it b/c if he was then you would think he would do it earlier. Which is kind of exciting if I just gained two weeks without having to actually “earn” them, but it could also mean that she’s just a BIG baby… which you know that has be a bit concerned… I mean Lehna was a small baby and I thought that was pretty well gross the aftermath stuff so we’ll just have to see just how BIG this baby is b/c it may mean worse AFTERMATH which that’s the part that SUCKS about having kids.

Also in the past couple of weeks Tait and I was able to go to Peru to visit Tait’s parents. I was able to play bingo on both Friday and Saturday night which was fun. Of course I didn’t win anything but I was able to come close on two different games both times my number was up in the monitor and then someone else yelled bingo before me! So that kind of sucked but at least I kept it interesting for our table.

This past weekend it was nice Tait and I relaxed and played with Lehna it was so wonderful. We didn’t have to go anywhere nor did we have to do anything, which made it SOOOOO fabulous! I was also able to get the hospital bags ready for the baby and for myself. I don’t have a bag packed for Lehna yet but I’m kind of waiting just a little longer only b/c I need her to be able to wear the clothes that I am going to put away from her. But I am trying to stay up on the laundry and that type of thing to make sure the if baby DOES decide to come early I will at least be a little prepared. Besides if I have to pack Lehna’s bag then that’s fine I mean it won’t take more then 10 minutes to put a bag for her together.

In more recent news Indiana was hit with some pretty hard snow for the past 24 hours it has been snowing, drifting, sleeting, and has created blizzard like conditions. Work was cancelled for me and unfortunately for me I didn’t get the message from my supervisor until I had left two messages on my bosses cell phone stating that I wasn’t going to go in b/c of the weather. Which Lehna and I got to play all day around the house, which was fun. Tait did have to go into work and was sent home shortly after lunch. I called him several times during the day to see how the roads were in town. He kept telling me they were getting worse and worse and was cursing the governor/central office b/c he hadn’t closed all the STATE offices yet. So even though we were under a snow emergency he was able to leave at least half the day. It’s still snowing outside and it’s not supposed to stop for another 10 hours. Which they announced in our county that they were going to pull the country workers off the road at dusk and not bring them back on until the morning. So I talked to my boss just to let him know that I will have to play it by ear as far as getting to work tomorrow. So hopefully the wind will stop blowing when the snow stops b/c then the roads won’t drift shut that’s what I’m most worried about since I take mainly county roads to get anywhere! So we’ll see what happens.

Tait and I took Lehna out this afternoon to play in the snow and I did take pictures unfortunately I can’t get them off the camera right at this second but I will get those off… but I do have some pictures for you to enjoy.

The first pictures are of Maya’s new room. I wanted everyone to see all the hard work that we did on her room.




This is the first night in her bed. She slept so well the first night she didn’t move at all in her bed. Now she’s alllll over her bed when she sleeps she hasn’t fallen out of the bed yet but I’m waiting for the cry from that!



This is a picture of Lehna and on Sunday afternoon I came home from Lafayette to discover my daughter passed out on the living room floor. Tait said she ran herself totally out. She was lying in the mist of all the toys and literally fell over and went to sleep. She slept for a good 2 hours on this nap so it was nice to have some “peace” for a little bit. I did move her back to her bed and she didn’t even budge so she was incredibly tired.



This is another picture of Lehna creating a "mess" for me in the kitchen... she pulled out ALLLLLL the pots in the kitchen and put them all over the floor for me to enjoy... wasn't that nice of her!



Well that’s all the pictures I have for right now. I hope you enjoyed the pictures and I hope to update again really soon! Thanks for reading about us!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't believe you will be welcoming another baby to the family soon!! I guess this pregnancy went so fast to me because we don't get to talk much anymore.
I love the baby room!! You and Jackie did a great job! :] What does Lehna think of everything?
Spekaing of Lehna... WOW she is so big now!! It's amazing to me how fast they grow!!

Karla said...

I am exactly a month behind you and I am measuring two weeks ahead too! Nathan was also a small baby (7 lbs. 4 oz, 19 1/2 inches long) like Lehna, so I am a little nervous. Hopefully you (and I) are measuring big only because this is our second baby. :) I will be waiting to see how big the baby is at your ultrasound. :)

Karla (Jackie's friend)

Stephanie said...

Sarah-
Yes the time does fly by I'm grateful that it has gone by so quickly but then nervous b/c that means it's almost here! Lehna doesn't really understand what we are talking about when we talk about having another baby. She has gotten to the point where we can ask where is baby Maya and she'll point to my belly but I don't think she really understands what's going to happen. So I don't think we are really going to see her "jealously" until the baby gets here but Lehna is pretty baby happy she loves being around babies so maybe it won't be such an adjustment for her but it's hard to say. She's very much a mama's girl so we'll just have to see what happens when Maya appears.

Stephanie said...

Karla,
I do hope that this is a "second" baby thing and not b/c they will be monsters! I mean big babies are cute and everything but that makes the "healing" process sound less appealing, and it's already the worse part! I will let you know what doctor says from the ultrasound! Hopefully maybe it means that I'm further along wouldn't that be great!

Sarah said...

Scrapbooking is giong okay.. I am pretty behind as well. I am still in 2005 LOL I just take too many darn pictures!!