Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Welcome to another update

I am updating early this week exciting isn’t it! So let’s get to it!

This weekend was really nice Tait, Lehna, and I ventured out in the snow on Saturday and was able to get the rest of the things that I would need for baby Maya’s appearance. We went to Toy R Us to get the mighty tight and a couple of new monitors for Maya’s room and we also picked up a few pacifiers for Maya.

As we were walking back to the front to check out Tait and I stopped to look at the Quo blocks that Lego makes. Kris and Christina got these blocks for Lehna for Christmas and let me tell you every night we are playing with the blocks. We like to make the towers really big and then have Lehna knock them down! She gets really excited about it when we break them out. She tries to help us put them together but usually gives up after a few blocks and starts knocking down the three she just put down. So she will watch us put them together. We were going to pick up some more b/c we just enjoy playing them but we decided not to get them since we figured that they were more for us then for Lehna. So we got Lehna a new baby doll instead.

This of course was a hard task since most of the babies that they make now are so freaking ugly. She of course didn’t care what the baby looked like she was just excited to see them so she was saying over and over “baby baby baby” she’s so baby crazy. So we let her pick a baby out and we went to the mall.

I purchased Tait this golf game that he said he wanted well apparently he didn’t want it so he took it back to the store. His game player wouldn’t read it but even then he just didn’t like it he said “it’s just not what I expected it to be” was his exact words. So he exchanged it for another game. After that we ate out and then we went home. It was a pretty productive day for the most part. I got home and got allll the laundry done which was a nice feeling and wrote down my shopping list for Sunday.

Sunday came around and we went grocery shopping. I enjoy shopping but I like it better when I have a list then I don’t end up with like 12 boxes of noodles but no main dishes or something like that. So planning out the menu for the week was helpful b/c now I don’t even have to “think” about what we are having b/c I already know. Of course trying to come up with the menu was a little rough I mean I just can’t think of things to fix when I have to just think of stuff. So I referred back to a recipe book that my Aunt Joyce made for all of us and that really helped b/c I was able to get ideas for it and create a menu with things we mostly had the stuff for. I mean there were a few things that I had to get but it will be nice to use up some of the items in my cabinets that I just don’t know what to do with. That’s another problem I have is I will read a recipe and be like “yeah that sounds great” and go out and get all the things I need and we will either not eat in the day I have it planned OR I will decide to do something else for dinner then all the things that I purchased go to waste b/c I don’t end up using the ingredients b/c I decide not to use the recipe. So this book is like a recipe book of dishes that I actually have the items like “normal” meals. I usually will look for recipes when it’s like a big dinner and I want to make something “new” that of course NEVER turns out. I know that’s what I struggle with. I guess I just didn’t pay close enough attention when my mom would cook for us every night b/c I just simply can’t think of things to fix or know how to fix them. That’s why this book is so helpful b/c it’s like recipes that like my grandma and mom use like on a daily basis!

On the family front Lehna is doing better with the hitting battle. She still hits when she’s mad but we have really put our foot down and made her stand in time out once a warning has been issued. We have also changed her time out a little bit. We make her go stand and face the wall for 2 minutes and then we release her after she apologizes of course. I talked to the daycare on Friday of last week asking if she had been hitting there and they said no that she doesn’t hit at all at daycare so I was glad to hear that. I also asked about how often she was put in time out b/c lately Lehna hasn’t been responding to time out instead she plays with the wall and sings and stuff when we sit her down and that’s not quite the reaction that I would like from her. I want her to at least cry or something but she just wasn’t doing that. So they said that making her stand by herself really had a good affect on her so that’s why we changed her time out. Of course this weekend she cried the first time but now she doesn’t care when you put her in time out… she doesn’t like it and will kind of pout at first but then after she gets standing there for a few seconds she usually just starts playing with wall and staring at the ceiling. I mean the only thing I can think to do is just keep doing it and eventually it will sink in.

Maya has been kicking the crap out of me lately. Last night I lay down on the floor with Lehna while she slept in her bed to wait for her to go to sleep and Maya kept kicking me over and over. I told Tait that I can’t lay in there any more. I was so uncomfortable. I don’t like feeling like I can’t do things but I think I have to draw the line. Tait didn’t want me to go in there but I like to be able to help too. I mean I’m pregnant not on my death bed! I have to tell you I have a feeling that this baby is going to make an early appearance. I don’t know just how early but I think some what early… of course that will probably mean she’ll come LATE b/c that’s how it works.

Tanna is due in just two weeks I wish that she would have hers already b/c then it would mean that I’m like only a month away! She’s getting exciting I think I think she’s about where I am and just ready for it to be over with. I know that this is going to be my last baby so I am trying to enjoy the process as much as possible but it’s kind of hard when I know that it’s so much better once they are here! I don’t know it’s a strange situation.

I have the go ahead to call all my clients and start letting them know that I won’t be here for 6 weeks and get the girl who is currently the front office girl trained and put into my position. I know she is nervous but I think she’ll do fine. I know I will enjoy the time being off of work for 6 weeks and it will of course be hard to come back but I really like the daycare so I won’t have the same kind of anxiety that I had with Lehna since I trust Penny with Maya. I think that that makes it much easier for new moms when they trust their daycare.

Well I am adding some pictures to my blog this time so I hope you enjoy them. This is from last week. I apologize I know that I have had my digital camera for about 2 years now and I still suck so I apologize for the pictures for not being good. I have to use the camera more but it’s so frustrating for me to us b/c the delay is so freaking long compared to film that I’m still not used to it. I know I know you’d think two years would be enough but it’s not I know I’m just fullll of excuses. So enjoy the pictures anyway!

My Snow Baby!

"I Want UP Daddy!"

Lehna running around to go down the slide again!

"Mama it was COLD outside!"

3 comments:

Joyce said...

It sounds like you are ready! Are you really sure this is the last one? (Just asking) And the snow looks WONDERFUL! I wish I could have been playing in it too! Keep us updated! Miss you lots!!!

Stephanie said...

Joyce,
Yep we are sure this is the last one. I am READY! I just don't think I want to have another one this one has kind of done me in! The snow is good but now I'm ready for it to go away!

Karla said...

Nathan went through a period where he didn't seem to mind to be put into time-out. But we kept it up and he grew to hate it. :) He went through a stage where he hit us and time-outs eventually did the trick.