Sunday, November 20, 2005

I have survived another week…

Well this week was better at the studio of course it was packed the WHOLE week but it seemed better. I of course am still crossing my fingers and praying twice DAILY for the clerk position to come through but supposedly I won’t find that out till THIS week. So that’s kind of a bummer. But according to the judge who I talked to last week she said that I’m in the top two and that she wanted to check with a particular board (I don’t remember the name) to see if hiring me would be a conflict of interest so personally I think that I must be the leading candidate or why would she go through all this trouble… of course this could just be optimistic thinking on my part… but time will tell.

The job is well not so great it’s retail so anyone who’s ever worked retail knows what I’m talking about, the hours suck and dealing with the public in this realm isn’t so fun… it’s especially not very fun when we are sooooo overbooked I can barely think straight. I think the worst day was Friday and I almost walked out because of the rudeness of the people and how understaffed we were but then I thought that it would just make it so much worse for my fellow employees that it wasn’t their fault we weren’t fully staffed. Of course when you ask anyone about that they simply say “we managed it didn’t we” and I reply and say… “Barely” of course I’m new and I’m told over and over that this will pass in three more weeks… I just keep thinking to myself that I hope NOT to be there in three weeks. It’s horrible and I know it will be rough on my boss but I’m not willing to sacrifice my family time and that’s what I WILL have to once I’m made manager. Of course if I don’t get the clerk job then I can always run the studio anyway I want and that means NOT understaffing my front end… I could of course keep going on this rampage but I don’t think you really care to hear about that.

On the family end this week. This week was pretty normal. Lehna is now pulling herself up clear to her feet now. Penny said she has done it over and over at daycare and we really hadn’t seen it until today and she managed to pull herself up on Tait’s leg, which was really sweet. When she gets up to her feet she really doesn't know what to do and usually falls shortly after her climb up but I figured by Christmas she will be cruising. Lehna is such a BUSY baby she wants to be down exploring her world which keeps us busy but it’s fun watching her.

I helped Jackie and Marcus move into their new apartment this past Saturday and boy did they work me like a dog. Of course there was only 3 of use moving them so that made it rough but that’s what happens sometimes. I woke up on Sunday and my body hurt in places that haven’t hurt in years. Of course today I took some Tylenol and I’m feeling MUCH better.

Tait, Lehna, and I headed to Lafayette on Sunday to get Lehna a new car seat for the Sunfire. Her old carrier car seat just wasn’t cutting it anymore… I couldn’t carry it for one when she was in it AND when she had her winter coat on I could barely buckle the seatbelt so it was time. We found one at Toys R Us that will last clear until she’ll need a backless booster seat, her other car seat will convert into the backless booster so we figured when she was 80 lbs. we would have to get her the backless booster seat which will be later, like a couple of years. We also managed to get to Wal-Mart for some groceries AND I got to go to Once Upon a Child in Lafayette for Lehna for some new jeans for her. I found about 7 pairs of cute ones and I got her 6 shirts so I was happy about that. I think the store in Indy has MUCH more selection but she really needed new jeans that fit.

Well that is about it for our family… not very exciting I know but what do you expect… hopefully next update I’ll have fabulous news about a new job! That would make my Thanksgiving wonderful! Okay keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments: