Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Wow has it been THAT LONG....

Okay so it has been quite awhile since I have updated... almost a month actually BUT I have been SWAMPED at work and by the time I get home I want to spend time with Lehna and Tait so that's the MAIN reason why this hasn't been updated.

I am still at the photo studio if you are still wondering... we are battling our last bout of Holiday picture appointments and I'm told after this weekend we will return to "normal" THANK GOD! Is truly all I can say... it has been HELLLLLLLLL these last two months! I was getting home 2-3 hours after I was supposed to which is hard on Tait and Lehna and work was HELL! I mean these people may have wanted "Christmas pictures" but they sure weren't feeling the "christmas spirit" they have been rude, pushy and down right mean! And me being the "star" of customer service with my new job title I was told to kiss allllll the customer's butts and give them WHATEVER they want... Great policy right? Yeah that's what I think too... which you'd think that that would make the situation better... yeah not so much. Man I hate the public LOL just kidding... I LOVE YOU GUYS! OH wait I'm not at work... you all suck and you can kiss my cherry butt for all I care... that's what I reallllllly want to tell some of these people... and I'm also SICK of indecisive people... people make up your freaking minds... I mean their pictures and this isn't brain surgery... pick one then MOVE ON! That's what I want to SCREAM at these people but of course I just node and say... "no you can take as much time as you want" YIKES!

Also I found out that I didn't get the court reporter position and boy was I bummed I cried and threw a fit... poor Tait. But I did make it to the top two... so I'm trying to stay positive about that... personally I think they were intimidated b/c I was younger b/c I saw the chick that got the job and she was their age you know older 30's younger 40's... and I guess at 25 year old just wasn't in their "pefect" person... so whatever. So there you have it in a nut shell.

Lehna of course has a new website feel, which I KNOW most of you know b/c you probably have been here more lately then I have. Which I know is sad :( But it looks great and THANK YOU JACKIE! I decided that it was time to make her more "grown up" trust me she's doing that off the website.

Lehna has mastered crawling and she pulls herself up VERY easily. She hasn't quite started to cruise but it's not far in the distance. I would say in a couple of weeks she'll be allllll over the furniture. Her sleep pattern has really changed this week so Tait and I are up during the night again... and she REFUSES to sleep at daycare... so when she gets home she's just tired and grumpy... Nice hua. But she's still WAY too cute. She still only has two lower teeth and that's it... which is okay by me. She looks really cute with her two pearly whites.

I am still trying to get out to Christmas shop for this year... Tait and I have decided to really not do Christmas for one another only b/c we don't have time to get it done... so my goal for tomorrow is to actaully get some done (for the ones that I'm required to shop for)... LOL AND I still haven't taken Lehna to see Santa... which if I don't get on that soon she may miss the boat. Of course she doesn't care but I don't want her to miss out on those "picture" memories. Since she won't remember anyways. Well that's my life in a nut shell... pretty busy and not the most EXCITING thing in the world... but what do you want... Okay well that's all I got for now. I hope to see most of you for the Holidays and if I don't see you Please have a GREAT holiday and I hope your good... since Santa only stops at the "good" kids houses.

1 comment:

Karla said...

I totally understand your frustration with your job. I do have to say as a customer... When I had my pictures taken there I was not impressed AT ALL with most of the photographers. They were young, unprofessional and not very nice. Try to remember that your staff is not easy for you or the customers to work with. When Jackie told me where you worked, I instantly understood your reasons for not liking the job. I felt so sorry for you because the customers are HORRIBLE there! I am not the kind of customer that you are talking about (I am more understanding). When I was in the studio, I even got annoyed with how pushy and rude the customers were. But it really isn't against you, it is the photographers. I also felt a lot of pressure to have someone stand over me when it was time to choose the pictures. Many times I had the photographer that took the pictures showing me the pictures. I wasn't too impressed with most of them, but I was trying to be polite when they suggested that I buy some of the poorly taken pics. You have a hard job because you get no appreciation and the customers take everything out on you. I am not trying to stick up for the customers in this comment (I am in total agreement with you about how they act). I just felt sad for you that you have to go through SO much crap everyday. Is there any way that the customers can fill out reviews so that your main boss can see what needs to be changed? I know if you could get better photographers in there, that would make a HUGE difference. I also bet it is hard to find good, loyal photographers. Anyhoo... sorry about your job and hopefully there is something that you can do to make it less stressful on you!